Management Development Program Opportunity with Geico
GEICO – Management Development Program
Job Duties & Responsibilities
GEICO is looking for bright, driven college seniors and graduates to join our accelerated Management Development Program. In this management training program, you will learn all about what makes GEICO the fastest growing auto insurer in the U.S., and be provided the foundation for leading teams in one of our four major insurance operations: Sales, Customer Service, Auto Damage or Claims.
The goal of the Management Development Program is to develop GEICO’s future business leaders!
This fast-track program is an excellent opportunity to experience a growing and critical component of our insurance business, and advance to a supervisor position with strong opportunities to advance further. In order to one day lead a team, you will first:
- Attend industry-leading training and pass necessary insurance exams
- Gain hands-on experience doing the job you’ll one day supervise
- Work on projects that are critical to the department’s success
- Receive mentoring from management
- Work to meet goals and achieve top results
- Demonstrate your leadership potential
- Coach associates and assist in their career development
- Attend management preparation classes toward the end of your program
Individuals chosen for this selective, fast-track program are high performers who exhibit strong leadership skills and are focused on building a career. The opportunity for advancement is up to you, as participants advance based upon performance. Associates who started in this Management Development Program have been promoted to supervisors, trainers, managers and even directors!
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field, or a degree and completion of at least 4 core business courses (Accounting I & II, Finance, Statistics, Business Law, Marketing, Macro / Micro Economics or Information Systems)
- At least a 3.2 cumulative undergraduate GPA
- Demonstrated leadership experience on campus, within the community and/or at work
- Solid computer, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly effective communication and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail, time management and decision-making skills
- U.S. work authorization; sponsorship is not available for this program
Important Position Details
The GEICO Management Development Program requires a Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field. Candidates with a non-business degree who have taken at least four core business courses (finance, accounting I and II, macro / micro economics, marketing, business law, statistics and/or information systems) will also be considered.
This entry level program requires applicants to have at least a 3.2 cumulative GPA in your undergraduate studies, as well as demonstrated leadership experience on campus, within the community and/or at work. Applicants who do not meet these minimum requirements are encouraged to consider other career opportunities at GEICO.
Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
To apply: Login to HireMason (Job ID 86037) Position: GEICO Management Development Program.
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.