The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour is a National Junior Golf Tour and was founded with the intention of providing junior golfers between the ages of 11-18 an opportunity to play exceptional courses in a competitive environment. Our vision is to provide superb hospitality and make every event a memorable one. Over the past six seasons the tour has grown at exponential proportions and has become one of the premier choices when it comes to junior golf in the country.
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour offers a well-rounded educational internship for ambitious individuals looking at developing a wide variety of business skills in the field instead of a traditional classroom. No other internship will better prepare you for a career in the business and tournament world. The HJGT has a Marketing and Administrative internship available, which is listed below in detail. Please read the description carefully and when you apply please specify the internship you would like to apply for:
Why intern with the HJGT?
- College credit for getting hands on, Once in a lifetime educational experience
- Travel the country
- Provided with fully furnished housing
- Employee discounts on most major golf equipment and apparel (Generally 30-50% off retail)
- Hands on experience and to learn every aspect of tournament operations, retail marketing, and video productions.
- Resume building workshops
- Weekly classroom sessions with HJGT employees to assist with career planning
- Recommendation letters from full time employees
- Networking events
2014 Marketing and Administrative Internship
Interns will increase their marketing skills by being actively involved with all aspects of marketing, promotion, and administrative work for the HJGT, the Hurricane Tour Shop (online golf retail store), and HCAT (Collegiate Tour) under the direct supervision and mentorship of HJGT staff members. The internship will be based in Jacksonville, Florida and will require minimal travel. Normal marketing hours are Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Interns will receive 2 days of free time per week. No other internship will better prepare you for a career in marketing with the hands on training that you will receive. The following information will help you gain an understanding of the HJGT internship. Please visit the HJGT’s website for more information about who we are before applying at www.hjgt.org.
Fall 2014: August 25, 2014- December 19, 2014
- Pre and post tournament press releases
- Constant website updates
- Sales and marketing of tour and upcoming tournaments
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
- Online retail sales, marketing, and customer service
- Hotel relations
- Tour promotions
- Create weekly tournament videos for YouTube upload
- Sponsorship strategies
- Partnership contributions
- Contract negotiation
- Product purchasing
- Revenue building
- Sales and Marketing experience (preferred)
- Interest for the sport of golf (preferred)
- Great organizational skills
- Ability to handle an aggressive environment and work schedule
- Working towards bachelor degree
- Willingness to work 45-50 hours per week
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Self motivated and hard-working
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Strong customer service skills
Expenses and Housing:
The HJGT will cover most travel expenses and housing. The following items will be provided by the HJGT:
- Hotel Accommodations
- Van transportation to and from tournaments
- Some meals while traveling to and from tournaments
HJGT Interns will also be provided with 100% paid housing in Jacksonville, Florida if their college or permanent residence is more than 50 miles away from HJGT headquarters. All interns will live in a fully furnished house in a vibrant part of Jacksonville, which includes
- Washer and Dryer
- Appliances (stove and microwave)
- Internet and TV
Students will be able to use the HJGT internship for college credit. Your institution will decide the amount of credits.
There are countless benefits to participating in the HJGT internship. Interns will meet and interact with many people and get to know the future stars of the PGA and LPGA tours. Interns will be around influential and successful sponsors, parents, and spectators. Interns will also work closely with golf professionals, directors of golf and course superintendents. In addition to the contacts made, the internship also serves as an opportunity to obtain full time employment with the HJGT or through its network. This internship is unlike many other programs because of the hands on experience you will receive. Interns will be given daily tasks that have a big impact on the organization. You will learn how to manage people, manage departments, and problem solve in a fast and fun environment.
How to Apply?
If you are interested in applying for an internship position with the HJGT, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews and testing. Applications for the summer internship are due by March 1, 2014. Applications for the fall internship are due by June 1, 2014. Please specify what position you are applying for in the email subject line when you submit your resume and cover letter.
Hurricane Junior Golf Tour
2907 Spring Glen Rd ▪ Jacksonville, FL 32207
904.379.2697 ▪ firstname.lastname@example.org