Prince William County Public Schools
POSITION TITLE: Facilities Data Analyst I (Grade 8)
EFFECTIVE DATE: May 1, 2014
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Planning
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position performs skilled data preparation and management.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, with coursework in database creation and management; experience in AutoCAD and Web development helpful; or any combination of education, experience, and training that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Ability to develop databases, manipulate data, and create reports on school facilities and students using database management software.
- Proficiency with various office software programs, such as Microsoft Office Professional (Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to offer high quality verbal and written customer service to internal, as well as citizen, information inquiries.
- Skills necessary to compile and process data from various datasets, including MS Access, Excel, and SPSS, in order to support enrollment forecasting and boundary planning.
STATE REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS: None
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
BASIC FUNCTION/NATURE OF THE WORK: This position is primarily concerned with the gathering and preparation of data obtained, analyzed, and directed in the Office of Facilities Services – Planning & Financial Services division. Some knowledge of the county’s process for rezoning requests and subdivision plans is desirable, as well as some ability to perform data analysis. The work is performed under the general supervision of the Supervisor of Planning.
- Budget Responsibilities: None
- Employees Supervised: None
- Number of Schools/Departments: None
- Number of Students: None
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works collaboratively with all stakeholders in providing a World-Class Education.
- Assists in the creation, maintaining, and development of databases on residential development, proffers, and rezoning.
- Answers questions from the public with regard to current school boundary assignments and school enrollment information.
- Maintains databases on all PWCS school facilities, including portable classroom locations.
- Maintains database of school building floor plans. Develops, analyzes, and maintains annual information regarding utilization of elementary school space.
- Assists in the planning, preparation, and scheduling of meetings with internal staff and with the general public regarding attendance area boundary adjustments.
- Assists in the preparation of presentations for School Board and Community Meetings using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Researches information for statistical analysis on county residential development by maintaining contacts with developers, real estate sales people, engineers, and county personnel.
- Conducts research involving land records and residential construction activity in the county.
- Prepares ad hoc reports from information in various databases as requested.
- Responds orally and in writing to customer inquiries.
- Creates, updates, and maintains Web pages; works with departmental staff to ensure accuracy and timeliness of published information; works with staff to take advantage of latest technological capabilities to communicate with the public and other stakeholders.
- Prepares documentation on techniques used to collect, analyze, summarize, and present data.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Please apply on-line at www.pwcs.edu and complete the on-line application process. You will not be considered a candidate without an on-line application. E-mail questions to email@example.com (Elizabeth Fletcher).