Project Coordinator- DC Bar Pro Bono Program
The D.C. Bar Pro Bono Program has an opening for a Project Coordinator (PC). The PC provides administrative support to the Executive Director, D.C. Bar Pro Bono Program (ED-PBP), assists with the planning and implementation of a volunteer training program and assists with special projects and marketing and communications activities. The PC also provides research, writing, administrative and other assistance to support a multi-faceted program to mobilize lawyers to provide pro bono legal services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides direct support to the ED-PBP to include: assisting in assessment of existing office-wide processes; developing and implementing systems for organization-wide efficiency; organizing staff meeting agendas, materials and minutes; providing direct research and significant administrative assistance.
Provides coordination and support to the Pro Bono Program’s volunteer training program to include:
- Responsible for on-site logistics for training sessions
- Coordinating with training manager to develop and implement a marketing calendar for each training season
- Drafting and distributing all marketing materials, including: training flyers, training advertisements, monthly emails, reminder emails, targeted training invitations, web site stories, social media blasts and sponsorship reminders
- Collecting marketing analytics and tabulating results
- Preparing reports and analyses
Provides coordination and support for special projects to include:
- Assisting the ED-PBP with scheduling and arranging logistics for committees, working groups and outreach efforts; developing and implementing project work plans and timetables to meet goals.
- Conducts substantive research for program committees and special projects; drafts reports, memoranda, marketing and publicity materials and correspondence.
- Serves as the second point of contact for attorneys and paralegals seeking pro bono opportunities, maintains clearinghouse of information on pro bono opportunities for various segments of the Bar, circulates information about pro bono opportunities through various media and maintains records on individuals’ inquiries.
- Provides support for fundraising program and marketing efforts in coordination with the Development Manager, to include: creating, editing and posting original content for Pro Bono Program web site and social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and Linked In and tracking information on law firm collaborations
- Staffs program activities, including Presidents’ Reception, clinics and external events
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university with a minimum of two years of relevant work experience. Experience in a legal work environment preferred.
- Must be able to multi-task, manage multiple and changing priorities, be deadline and detail oriented and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, proficient grammar and editing skills, and ability to conduct independent research.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically with Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with database software, customer relationship management software, membership management software, e-mail marketing software and web site content management software.
- Understanding of and experience with social media networking tools such as Facebook, Linked In and Twitter.
- Excellent organizational skills and must be adaptable, creative and self-motivated.
- Must be able to interact well in a team environment and be able to interact with and deliver excellent customer service to Bar members, volunteers, the public and staff.
- Experience developing office-wide systems and protocols preferred.
- Spanish language proficiency/fluency is desired.
- Ability to handle and maintain sensitive and confidential information.
Under the Bar’s compensation structure, this position is in the Project Coordination & Volunteer Outreach Job Family at the Associate Specialist level. Salary is commensurate with experience. This is an exempt position. The D.C. Bar has an excellent benefits package.
This is not an attempt to list all essential functions of this position. It is recognized that job duties may change over time, based on the Bar’s needs.
The D.C. Bar Pro Bono Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested individuals must submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements in one document to: https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=12028932