This position will report to the Firm’s Tax Compliance Manager, Laura Ferrari, CPA. The professional selected will be principally involved in tax research, planning and compliance, on both domestic and international/expatriate tax matters, for our individual and business clients. This is a very entrepreneurial position offering unrestricted client contact, broad experience, and unlimited opportunity to learn and advance one’s career in international/expatriate taxation.
Duties and responsibilities
The Junior Tax Specialist can expect to focus his or her efforts in the following areas:
- Preparation of sophisticated individual income tax returns involving foreign earned income exclusion, foreign tax credits, Passive foreign investment companies, foreign bank account reports, etc.
- Preparation of closely-held entity returns (C-corporations, S-corporations, partnerships and LLCs)
- Tax planning and research (IRC, Regulations, Tax Treaties, etc.)
- Analyze IRS notices and draft responses
This position requires the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills
- 0 – 4 years public accounting experience
- CPA certificate or candidate
- Ability to excel in a very team–oriented professional business environment
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with clients worldwide
Salary and Benefits
Salary and benefits are highly competitive with industry (Big 4) standards but with considerably more opportunity for learning and advancement.
- Salary based on experience
- Benefits include health care, 401 (K) with generous match, 4 weeks paid time off, and a host of others
- Training and mentorship programs
- Participation in International Staff Exchange program
If you would like to be considered for this position, please forward your resume with cover letter to: Beth Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org.