APPLY NOW! Business Development Internship with The COGAR Group Ltd.
The Business Development Intern is responsible for assisting with any and all administrative duties needed to carry out COGAR’s goals and mission for the Business Development Department. Initial duties and needs will be administrative in nature and will grow upon successful BD training. The intern will assist when needed for all outgoing Business Development products and materials to include preparation and final production of proposals and marketing materials. This position will be trained to see all aspects of BD and be involved throughout the entire proposal process from initial research and capture management to the final stages of proposal production. The Business Development Intern provides research for, updates, and maintains company records and spreadsheets, and completes necessary data calls needed for proposal completion.
- Assists in Creating, updating, maintaining, producing, and distributing all COGAR Marketing Materials as needed – Ensure minimum of 5 Marketing folders are on hand at all times
- Front TV presentation
- COGAR Flyer per NAICS Code/category (3)
- COGAR Capability Statement
- COGAR Trifold
- COGAR Profile Sheet
- COGAR One Pager
- Business Cards – Designs/Orders
- COGAR Social Media Accounts
- COGAR Quarterly Newsletter – creates/writes and distributes
- COGAR Annual Holiday/Christmas Cards
- Works within Business Development Folder – Ensures accuracy of information, up to date content, creates new opportunity folders (in which COGAR is responding to), Archives old data/information, and stores and manages all BD information and Intel. All inquiries, data, pertinent information related to COGAR’s Business Development Department shall be stored onto this Folder.
- Assists in updating BD Calendar
- Order Shipping materials from FEDEX when needed
- Orders all Business Development supplies from cheapest at Highest Quality – creates purchase order requests for all orders
- Conducts Market Research by utilizing Data base search engines of Govwin – Deltek, FedBizOps.gov (FBO), Federal Procurement Data System (FPDS.gov), and Agency Specific websites
- Conducts Market Research of opportunities COGAR is capable of bidding on – High regard to opportunities under NAICS code 561612, 541611, and 541511
- Work Directly with the Business Development Coordinator to accomplish all Business Development and Marketing Needs
- Updates COGAR Social Media Accounts when needed
- Linked In
- COGAR WordPress Website
- Conducts research on potential reaming partners to expand marketing reach and likelihood of sales generation.
- Archiving Files – Scan and Archive Bid/Contract Binders on server – create labels/Naming convention
- Proposal Management (After Market Research/Capture Management has been completed, a “Bid” Decision has been formed, and the formal RFP has been Released)
Additional Office Management Duties:
- Minor Ordering for Office/Kitchen Supplies and Uniforms – completes purchase order requests for all orders
- Office Event Coordination
- Schedules Office Events and Luncheons
- Orders food/make reservations when necessary
- Administrator for Office Printer (Konica Minolta) needs
- Administrator on MXAdmin
- Office 365 Contacts Admin
- Designs/Creates/Orders Company Holiday Cards
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent experience;
- Must be a U. S. Citizen;
- Must have user-level computer skills;
- Professional appearance.
- Currently enrolled in college/University to obtain a Bachelor’s degree in the Business Management Field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
How To Apply
Please access the application here and scroll down to the blue button that says ‘Email COGAR About Job ID: 963514.’
Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, pre-employment drug screen, and random drug screens.