APPLY NOW! Financial Analyst Full-Time Internship with Meridien Group
Formed in 2003, the Merdien Group has a primary mission to provide industry leading, value-added consulting, analysis and engineering services to our national security clients.
We have decades of experience providing Systems Engineering & Integration, Intelligence Operations Support, Information Technology (IT) and Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance (SETA) support and solutions.
Our extensive portfolio includes subject matter expertise in Signals Intelligence, Imagery Intelligence and All Source Intelligence and their supporting architecture and technologies, with an emphasis on tasking, processing, exploitation and dissemination (TPED) systems and services.
About the Position: Financial Analyst Internship
Start Date: 06/01/2017
Wage: $12 per hour
This Internship presents an excellent opportunity to gain experience in the areas of analytical and financial/accounting, and related compliance. The successful candidate for this position will gain exposure in several areas of financial analysis and transaction processing. Related work experience to include:
- Financial/accounting experience to perform analysis and research of operations, account balances and related transactions.
- Project schedule adherence necessary to meet project requirements and client deliverables, including client timelines; completes assigned work activities and planned tasks within specified client time frame; meets all requirements; assists with preparation of milestones status reports and presentations.
- Experience working with a broad range of data analysis tools and presentation to maximize project efficiency and effectively employ a broad range of data analysis tools and presentation to maximize project efficiency and effectiveness (including Access, Excel, Visio, Power Point, etc.)
- Working knowledge of data collection and analysis methods to prepare detailed reports and analyses.
- Identifying system/application requirements to functional areas in order to identify and access sources of data, and to identify best methods for collecting data.
- Assist in assessing operational weaknesses, performing process improvement analysis, and developing corrective action plans.
- Apply working knowledge of controls and risks to identify areas for improvement in processes and controls.
- Must be very detailed oriented, and able to review own work to ensure accuracy.
Education: Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in any field (Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred)
- Ability to perform the following:
- Financial/accounting and operational analyses
- Financial related internal controls support/analysis
- Data collection and analysis methods to prepare detailed reports and other deliverables.
- Perform broad analyses to identify business objectives and resource requirements and evaluate the associated business risks.
- Identify and process appropriate transactions across a broad range of financial activities.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Maria Hicks email@example.com