Academic Advising – Appointments vs Walk-ins
Classes are starting on Monday, August 28th for the fall 2017 semester. The Office of Student Success and Academic Services would like to remind students of the difference between walk ins and appointments for academic advising. Come to Enterprise Room 008 to see an advisor today!
- 15 minute advising sessions
- designated for quick questions, major changes, schedule checks, re-enrollments, etc.
- are not:
- for returning from suspension, creating long range plans, for complex concerns
- 30 minute, scheduled appointments with an advisor
- in-person or via Skype
- for returning from suspension, satisfactory academic progress appeals, long range plans
- are not:
- for quick questions such as major change/declaration, minor change/declaration, course selection
- Wait time for a walk-in to see an advisor the first 2 weeks of school could be up to 30 minutes. Come see an Academic Advisor today in Enterprise Hall Room 008 to avoid the wait. There is no advising on Wednesdays.
- Tuesday evening walk-in advising from 4:30-6:30pm will start Tuesday, August 29th and continue each Tuesday in the fall when classes are in session.
- Scheduling an appointment with an academic advisor will be an online process starting in the fall. Log in to your SSC Campus to start seeing how it will work: https://gmu.campus.eab.com/! The first available appointment will be offered Thursday, September 7th. More information will be sent out at a later date.
If you’re unsure of what would be best for your situation, please contact: 703-993-1880 or firstname.lastname@example.org