Now Accepting Nominations for the Class of 2018 Degree Celebration Student Speaker!
The 2018 School of Business Degree Celebration address will be given by a selected undergraduate degree seeking business student. The selected undergraduate student speaker will have 7-10 minutes to address the graduating class. Students can be nominated by peers, faculty or staff, or can self-nominate.
Below is a list of the criteria for proposal and the speaker selection
- Students must be walking in Spring 2018 (May & August, 2018 graduates qualify)
- Students need a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Nominations can be through self, faculty, or peer nominations with the consent of the nominee
- Nominations must be submitted in writing to Yena Kim (email@example.com) by Friday, March 30th by 5pm.
Applications must include:
- Speaker resume (substantial involvement in extracurricular/volunteer activities is a plus)
- The speaker’s recommended (choose one) topic for the Spring 2018 address around the theme of the following:
- How your business degree will enhance your experience as an active citizen in a global society?
- What is your Mason Story and how being a Mason School of Business student helped you write it.
- After selection, the top candidates must present a short (5 min) oral presentation on why they should be chosen to address the graduating class. Note: This is not a complete version of your proposed address, but rather a persuasive talk on why the committee should select you to address the class and why your proposed topic will interest the graduating class.
- Presentations will be made to the selection committee at the beginning of April, time and location details to follow.
- The committee will be comprised of School of Business student leaders, faculty, and staff.
- The student selected will prepare speech and complete a full rehearsal prior to the Saturday, May 19th 2018 School of Business Degree Celebration.