APPLY NOW! Marketing Content Coordinator with Rescue
About The Company
provides behavior change marketing services (or “social marketing”) to government, non-profit and corporate organizations. Rescue’s current work focuses on tobacco, obesity, violence and alcohol prevention; the promotion of exercise, fresh foods and after school programs; and other products and services that promote healthy living. Most of Rescue’s behavior change campaigns focus on teens (13 – 17) and young adults (18 – 26), resulting in unrivaled experience in adolescent behavior change campaigns.
Rescue is a full-service agency, providing research, strategy, creative, production, web, traditional media, social media, policy change, youth engagement and experiential marketing services to clients in over a dozen states and provinces, as well as to federal government agencies.
We believe that marketing can do more than sell goods, it can create good.
About the Position
We are looking for a dynamic, high performing Marketing Content Coordinator with experience in writing, editing and proofreading web and print content such as case studies, blogs, eblasts, white papers, and award submissions under tight time constraints. The ideal candidate has a passion for behavior change, a history of synthesizing many different ideas into well thought-out reports, op-eds, and news releases, and is capable of organizing various marketing-related initiatives with a focus on creating content that promotes Rescue’s unique approach to public health.
- Create and optimize digital content by writing blogs, email copying, web content creation, and other marketing collateral to increase search engine optimization and user engagement;
- Submit conversion rates and manage project timelines for posting web content;
- Coordinate social media content by coordinating flow of thought provoking social media content and writing content to drive engagement;
- Discover ways to incorporate trends and leverage other promotional opportunities;
- Coordinate conference and event promotional content by coordinating marketing promotions for conferences and events including drafting pocket guides, eblasts, blogs, etc.;
- Coordinate conference and award submissions by writing and coordinating conference and award submission applications and abstract text;
- Supporting marketing efforts such as conference logistics and booth staffing, event planning and coordination, and other administrative tasks;
- Additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 5 years relevant experience;
- Exceptional writing skills and command of the English language;
- Proven ability to create persuasive content on a variety of topics and in several different tones;
- Experience writing white papers, blogs posts, eblasts, and social media content that has driven engagement for a company, organization, or campaign;
- Experience creating easy-to-read content, making complex topics simple, and developing attention-grabbing titles;
- Advanced knowledge of AP Style guidelines, SEO principles and best practices;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks at once;
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Degree in English, Journalism, or other writing major;
- 3+ years of relevant writing/editing or content marketing experience preferred;
- Creative ability to generate new content ideas;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize numerous projects at once;
- Exercise judgment and discretion in maintaining confidential and sensitive information;
- Highly motivated, energetic self-starter who can remain focused;
- Non-tobacco-use is highly preferred because we only have tobacco-free environments and also to be consistent with our tobacco prevention campaign goals.
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time Position
Travel: Once per quarter or less
If you’re ready to join our team of mission driven talent challenging the status quo, we’d love to meet you! Check out our Careers page at rescueagency.com/careers for more information about what it’s like to work at Rescue, and the benefits that we offer to our team members.
How to Apply
to submit an online application by 6/13.
All applications must be submitted through Rescue’s online careers system (unless you qualify to request a reasonable accommodation, as detailed at RescueAgency.com/careers). We do not accept applications via email, mail, fax or in-person delivery. Please send questions to email@example.com.
The Fine Print
All business-related environments are tobacco-free. Must have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and computer and Internet access. Must be available to work non-traditional hours such as late nights and weekends.
Able to remain in a sitting position for prolonged periods of time and stoop, bend, reach, climb stairs, and move freely throughout the building for the performance of duties. Able to read from a computer or laptop monitor for several hours at a time including fonts of various sizes from a variety of sources. Able to travel nationwide as needed to meet with clients, coworkers, or attend meetings and seminars. Must be able to move boxed work documents (surveys & materials), up to 40 pounds, in and out of office for travel by car and by air.
Rescue | The Behavior Change Agency is an EEO/Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
Tags: career services, full-time, marketing