APPLY NOW! Financial Services Refund Specialist with Inova
Inova is a global leader in personalized health, which leverages precision medicine to predict, prevent and treat disease, enabling individuals to live longer, healthier lives. At Inova, we serve more than two million people each year from throughout the Washington, DC, metro area and beyond.
We are shaping the future of health through our integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes. Our commitment to health and wellness is further reflected in our sustainable practices. Inova is home to world-class researchers, expert medical specialists and renowned scientists, who are driving innovation to improve patient care, prevent disease and promote wellness.
About the Position: Financial Services Refund Specialist (full-time)
Inova is currently accepting applications for several Full-Time Patient Financial Services Refund Specialist positions in our Patient Financial Services department. The position provides individuals an opportunity to learn the Revenue Cycle of a Health System and provides in depth training of the industry leading healthcare software Epic Hyperspace . There are also some employee opportunities for tuition and certification reimbursement for education related to the healthcare industry. Many current professionals at Inova started in this position and moved into different roles with the completion of experience and education.
The ideal candidates will be looking for a full-time position. We have flexibility in the schedule time that allows individuals the option to work during the day, during the night, and on weekends depending on availability; we can accommodate almost any day of the week and hours between 6:00 AM to 10:30 PM. Once fully trained, team members have autonomy to complete their tasks and are permitted to listen to music as they work, as long as expected productivity measures are met.
- Able to process accurate refunds, timely and accurate review of accounts if credit or an overpayment occurs or a correction to the financial data is needed.
- Provides resolutions on credits based on knowledge of payer contracts and understanding of the specific requirements for each payer.
- Timely and accurate completion, review and submission of the Medicare and Medicaid quarterly credit balance report required by law.
- Knowledge of Systems access (IMacs, QMS, HealthQuest, Xactimed ) needed to obtain documentation in processing refunds.
- Assure appropriate and timely documentation of all account activity. Correspondence is handled appropriately.
- Able to perform cash posting duties such as posting insurance payments, processing write-off¿s, charge adjustments, deductibles, co-pays and non-covered or denied amounts. Balance all adjustments and payments posted daily by batch in Healthquest.
- Reviews EOB and patient payments to determine any possible over payments made by payer and/or patient.
- WIP counts completed timely.
- Demonstrate team functions by assisting other Departments and meet departmental productivity and Quality Review standards.
How to Apply
Deadline to apply is 08/05/2018. To apply and view the full job description please click here and enter the job reference number 38598BR.
Candidates must upload a current PatriotWeb Unofficial Transcript, with their resume, when completing the application process.