APPLY NOW! Marketing Internship with the National Chamber Ensemble (NCE)
The Mission of the National Chamber Ensemble (NCE) is to entertain as well as provide opportunities to appreciate and enjoy the art of chamber music, bringing together performers, audiences and composers. The NCE produces high quality chamber music performances at a reasonable cost, bringing the best music with best talent, to entertain D.C. music lovers of all ages. Through performances and commissions of original musical works, NCE presents a full range of chamber music repertoire from classics to contemporary. The most important goal of the NCE is to build a sense of closeness between performers and audience that enhances the feeling of community and a deeper musical experience.
With ten seasons under their “belt,” the NCE has uniquely redefined the meaning of “chamber music” through creative programming that incorporates a world of musical genres, including tango, ballet, jazz, guitar, and opera. NCE also welcome dancers, singers and outstanding young musicians to the stage to help bring music to life.
About the Position: Marketing Internship
Located: Washington, DC, Metro area | Telecommuting is highly preferred
Hours: 5 hours a week, flexible
As a marketing intern, you will assist the Artistic Director Leonid Sushansky and work closely with the Board of Directors to promote, advertise and collaborate with well-known, world class musicians in all stages of advertising and marketing campaigns. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels to a vast array of audiences in the Washington, DC Metro/Northern Virginia area. This opportunity grants the intern an opportunity to work with world-famous musicians who seek to entertain music lovers of all ages and bring audiences the best live music with the best talent in the D.C. area to publicize each of five seasonal concerts.
This position requires a resourceful, initiative-focused individual who has the ability to reach to new outlets such as, The Washingtonian, BBC, NPR, The Washington Post, etc. NCE is seeking a creative individual who is tenacious and resourceful with strong technical writing skills. This is a unique opportunity for the right person seeking connections with senior-level contacts when marketing an organization that has ten years of experience in this area.
- Directly assisting the Artistic Director and Board of Directors with administrative tasks pertaining to marketing, promotional activities/presentations
- Reliable personal computer to generate work products
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques and positively differentiate this organization from others to increase ticket sale revenue
- Highly-experienced effectively using various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative on and complete items that require actions with various stakeholders
- Ability to balance multiple requests, action items with limited supervision
- Strong follow-up practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Adobe Pro
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g. CRM tools, Online analytics and Google Adwords)
- Ability to produce outreach materials to target audiences to promote/increase ticket sales and visibility
- Current enrollment as a late junior/senior undergraduate student studying Marketing, Communication, Public Relations with a concentration in Music/Music Theory
- Passion for the marketing/music industry
- Experience with marketing campaigns, fundraising/events
- Familiarity with the Northern Virginia area is a plus
How to Apply
Deadline to apply is 10/12/2018. Please send your resume and cover letter to Amy Reich at email@example.com