APPLY NOW! Staff Accountant/Office Coordinator with Common Ground Alliance (CGA)
The Common Ground Alliance (CGA) is the premiere trade association focused on reducing damages to underground facilities in North America through shared responsibility among all stakeholders. The CGA is a member-driven association of nearly 1,700 individuals and organizations across the underground utility industry committed to saving lives and preventing damage to underground infrastructure by promoting effective damage prevention practices. For more information, visit www.commongroundalliance.com.
About the Position: Staff Accountant/Office Coordinator
The Common Ground Alliance is seeking a Staff Accountant/Office Coordinator to administer day-to-day financial and operations requirements of the association. The CGA office is in Alexandria, VA.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Overseeing internal and external financial reporting.
- Preparing financial statements including journal entries, monthly closing process, supporting schedules and general ledger reconciliations.
- Accurately recording and maintaining all aspects of the general ledger including accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll. Administer and review cash receipts, cash disbursements, and accounts receivable. Coordinate, assist, and oversee budget and year-end audit and tax work.
- Developing month-end and quarterly financial reports for CGA management.
- Membership processing including annual invoicing and database updates.
- Coordination and recordkeeping for all contracts, employee benefits and association policies.
- Assisting/coordinating special projects and additional administrative support as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Minimum three years accounting/bookkeeping experience.
- Non-profit/association experience a plus.
- Experience working with auditors.
- Strong collaboration, communication and problem-solving skills needed.
- Attention to detail, organization and ability to manage multiple tasks is a must.
- Ability to clearly communicate (written and verbal) with staff, members, association leadership and external partners.
- Possess a high-level of professionalism and confidentiality while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and QuickBooks a must.
Salary commensurate with experience. Compensation includes health benefits as well participation in 401(K) plan once eligibility requirements are met.
How to Apply
Deadline to apply is 11/12/2018. Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.