APPLY NOW! Marketing Internship with National Air and Space Museum’s Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center
The Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, Virginia is our companion facility to the Museum on the National Mall in Washington, DC.
The Center also offers the Airbus IMAX® Theater, the Donald D. Engen Observation Tower, and the Mary Baker Engen Restoration Hangar. Researchers will also find the majority of the Archives’ collections at the Udvar-Hazy Center reading room.
About the Position: Internship: Marketing at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center
Description: The intern will:
- Obtain/expand knowledge related to destination marketing through work on advertising plans and development and implementation of a Museum program’s multi-platform marketing plan.
- Learn about outreach efforts to local tourism industry organizations by joining supervisor in meetings and activities with the area’s tourism and hospitality industry.
- Understand operations of a large-scale museum, both on a daily basis and for special programs through hands-on interaction with visitors, staffing of Museum and community events, and other duties as assigned.
- Develop skills relating to survey research by assisting with the design, implementation, and analysis of a visitor survey.
- Gain skills related to media relations as they pertain to a large, public museum by assisting/staffing media and documentary film/photo shoots.
Major or Academic Background: Ideal applicants are currently pursuing or recently attained a degree in communications, public relations, advertising, marketing, mass media, or tourism.
Hours: This internship can be part-time or full-time.
Dates: Starting on or after February 4; length of internship depending on part-time or full-time status; end date flexible
Stipend: Full-time interns receive a stipend of $550 per week. Part-time intern stipends are calculated depending on the number of hours worked.
How to Apply:
Deadline to apply is 12/11/2018. You must apply through the Smithsonian Online Academic Appointment (SOLAA) system:
- Create an account at https://solaa.si.edu
- Add a new application
- Select “National Air and Space Museum” under Office/Museum/Research Center.
- Select National Air and Space Museum Academic Year Internship program.
- On Program Choices page, select “Marketing – Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center
- Fill out application and submit
Complete applications must include a resume and statement of purpose detailing why you are a good fit for this internship and how it will help advance your academic and/or career goals.
Questions? Please email NASMInternships@si.edu