APPLY NOW! Fall 2019 Federal Staff Consultant – Financial Advisory Services with Baker Tilly Virchow Krause LLP
About the Company
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 141 countries, with 28,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.8 billion.
About the Position
We are currently interviewing for a Fall 2019 Financial Advisory Services Federal Staff Consultant to join our Federal Financial Advisory Services (FAS) practice in the Tysons, Virginia office.
As a 2019 Federal Staff Consultant you will have the opportunity to:
- Support the OCFO in areas of audit readiness, response and management
- Analyze clients’ current financial management processes and operations through research and client interviews
- Assist with the planning and execution of corrective action plans
- Develop financial management strategies and assessing progress against implementation goals
- Plan and conduct benchmarking of financial management operations to target areas for improvement
- Define and develop models to analyze financial management costs to target areas for improvement
- Document clients’ current and future processes both graphically (process maps, diagrams) and with written text
- Develop creative solutions to transform financial management operations based on individual client needs
- Support the development of methodologies to address specific financial management issues
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service
- Assist in the analysis, research and support of technical accounting issues.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
This practice area has professionals with multi-disciplines and experiences that are drawn upon to assist our clients with practical and hands-on support. We have senior team members that have served as Chief Financial Officers, Controllers, financial statement auditors, and financial analysts that are all highly credentialed. It is a high performing team that enjoys learning from one another and serving our clients.
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- BA/BS in Accounting
- Be enrolled as a full-time student during the 2018/ 2019 school year in an accounting (or related) program with sufficient course work to become a CPA before beginning full-time employment in August 2019 or October 2019.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries.
- Excellent written/verbal communications and collaboration skills.
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Flexibility to travel to various client sites as needed up to 50%
- Demonstrate skills in the areas of communication, relationship building, personal development, collaboration, and problem solving along with initiative, adaptability and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills.
- Have the willingness and ability to travel as needed for client projects
How to Apply
Students can Click Here to apply by 1/5/2019.