APPLY NOW! Exhibit Sales Internship with the National Association of Broadcasters
The National Association of Broadcasters is the voice for the nation’s radio and television broadcasters. As the premier trade association for broadcasters, NAB advances the interests of our members in federal government, industry and public affairs; improves the quality and profitability of broadcasting; encourages content and technology innovation; and spotlights the important and unique ways stations serve their communities.
NAB delivers value to our members through advocacy, education and innovation.
While broadcasters are busy running their businesses at home, the National Association of Broadcasters has your back in Washington, D.C. NAB fights for policies that strengthen local stations, protects them from unnecessary federal burdens and offers resources to decrease costs and increase revenue. But there is strength in numbers. Join team NAB to change the game in our nation’s capital and to score big on your bottom line.
About the Position: Exhibit Sales Internship
Department: Conventions and Business Operations
Reports To: Senior Sales Administrative Coordinator
Employment Type: Non-exempt
Education Level: Some college
Years of Experience: 0-3 years
Travel Requirements: n/a
Hourly rate = $14.00
Join the team that produces one of the largest events in North America and brings in millions of dollars in revenue annually. The client list includes over 1,700 companies, a few notable ones including Google, Amazon Web Services, Vimeo, Sony and more. The sales team also collaborates on the development of technology attractions including eSports, Facebook Live, 5G, artificial intelligence and podcasting. According to the Events Industry Council (EIC), the business events industry boosts global GDP with $1.5 trillion. Sales is all about the $$ and with these numbers on your resume, this internship is a great way to launch a career in the events industry or sales in general.
- The position will have an opportunity to learn about sales and primarily be working with our coordinator who manages the sales budget, customer service, Salesforce database and integrations, website and email communications, contracts, etc.
- This position offers a hands-on learning experience supporting the Exhibit Sales team with administrative and customer service-related tasks.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service by responding to inquiries via email, phone or website instant chat in a timely, professional and efficient manner.
- Assist with the coordination and execution of exhibitor/sponsor communication.
- Assist with processing of exhibitor/sponsor contracts and payments.
- Assist with planning and execution of onsite rebooking for 2020 exhibit space.
- Assist in maintaining a strong and accurate database of customer information.
- Assist the Sales team by identifying leads from a variety of different sources and identifying the appropriate contact information.
- Assist with development of onsite materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist with the setup and management of onsite rebooking for 2020 exhibit space.
- Provide excellent customer service to exhibitors and sponsors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completed or working towards an undergraduate degree.
- Experience in a sales and/or customer service environment required.
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Experience with a CRM program is a plus.
- Internship generally runs mid- January through mid-April.
- Must be available to work at least 25-30 hour work week Monday-Friday.
- Possible travel to Las Vegas for NAB Show – April 6-11, 2019.
How to Apply
Deadline to apply is 01/18/2019. Please email your cover letter and resume (PDF documents only) to HR@nab.org. You may fax it to (202) 775-2983 if you prefer.
- Please include the title of the position that you are applying to in the subject line of your email or fax cover sheet. Incomplete applications may not be considered. We require all applicants to provide cover letters and resumes in portable document format (PDF). Microsoft Word documents will not be opened or reviewed.
NAB is an equal opportunity employer.