APPLY NOW! Corporate Development Intern with Celebrate Fairfax! Festival
The 501(c)3 non-profit organization Celebrate Fairfax, Inc. (CFI) will be producing the 38th Celebrate Fairfax! Festival on June 7-9, 2019. This 3-day event is a hybrid of a large-scale music Festival and a traditional county fair held at the Fairfax County Government Center. Featuring 7 stages of entertainment, national headliners, a carnival, 200+ exhibitors/vendors, and a variety of interactive programs.
The Corporate Development Intern will assist with the expansion of the 2019 Celebrate Fairfax, Inc. sponsorship program. Focusing on both the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival and Fall For Fairfax KidsFest, this internship will provide a deep understanding on how the sponsorship process works from lead generation to benefit fulfillment. Candidate MUST be available to work the entire weekend of the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival (June 7-9, 2019) with other staff members. Prior to the event, the intern will assist on a variety of assignments and special projects, as well as providing administrative support for CFI staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the retention of revenue generated from exhibits, and sponsorships through customer service and follow up Use a combination of secondary research and LinkedIn to source new contacts and update existing contacts
- Leverage tools and databases to manage and track leads through conversion
- Maintain a directory and inventory of business developments materials, ensuring all resources are current and accurate, and coordinate the creation of new materials as needed including partnership proposals
- Collaborate and coordinate event photography, provide administrative support and help with general event set-up/ take-down.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate/graduate student
- Knowledge of/strong interest in public events, experiential marketing, and/or sponsorships Able to provide own transportation and accommodations.
- MUST be able and willing to lift at least 25 lbs.
- MUST be able to work during the Festival weekend, in its entirety! Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient in Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); Photoshop and Adobe InDesign is a plus.
- You are a self-motivated, positive-creative thinker with a passion for sponsorships and experiential marketing. You excel working under pressure; you do whatever you need to get the work done.
- Your time management skills are excellent: you establish priorities and organize a variety of projects simultaneously. You love working with a team to accomplish overall goals but are able to work independently, too.
Full-time beginning on or around January 22nd through June 28th, 2019. Actual dates are negotiable. Longer hours may be required during the period of event setup, June 3rd – June 10th.
Please note – that this internship position may be required to work the weekend prior to the event and long hours the week of, and during the event.
The selected intern may receive credit as approved by college/university supervisor.
An honorarium of $3,000 will apply for approved interns working at 35-40 hours per week and during the weekend of the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival (June 7-9, 2019).
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter indicating where you learned of this opportunity to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 01/25/2019.