APPLY NOW! Wealth Management Intern with Buckingham Strategic Wealth
Want to get an insider’s view of the real world of wealth management? If you think it’s just picking stocks, you will have your eyes opened to the larger world of managing clients’ entire financial picture. At Buckingham Strategic Wealth, we believe in the big picture and not the next big thing. We pride ourselves on helping to guide our clients by first acting as a fiduciary and understanding their needs. Through in-depth, comprehensive financial planning we provide the pathway to achieving and maintaining financial success.
We are a national firm headquartered in St. Louis, MO, with office locations in 16 states and counting.
About the Position: Wealth Management Intern
Our ideal candidate has a passion for understanding all aspects of personal finance and providing excellent client service. This is a great opportunity for someone pursuing a business degree who isn’t interested in just focusing on the numbers. If you enjoy helping people to solve complex problems and coaching them to achieve success, come join us for the semester.
What You Will Learn
- The full scope of wealth management and financial planning above and beyond investments.
- How to analyze a tax return for opportunities to reduce taxes and improve after-tax cash flow.
- How to build cash flow models and run probability analysis to assist clients in decision making.
- How to manage client contact, complete family profiles and maintain a pipeline of prospective clients.
- The latest thinking on investments focusing on evidence-based investing, including ways to reduce volatility using select alternative investments.
- Participate in webinars hosted by industry thought leaders.
What We Require
- The desire to support and learn from a high-energy, highly successful team.
- Enrolled in business degree program with an interest in investing and personal finance.
- Highly organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Word and Excel. Interested in learning Contact Relationship Management (CRM) software and database management using meta-tags.
- This is a great opportunity in a great location.
- We are less than 4 miles from campus which makes your scheduling options very flexible.
- The internship is for 15 hours per week and goes through the end of the 2019 spring semester.
- Pay is $15/hour.
How to Apply
Deadline to apply is 02/09/2019. Please send your resume and cover letter to Helen Modly at (firstname.lastname@example.org)