APPLY NOW! Staff Auditor with Withum
About the Company
WithumSmith+Brown, PC (Withum) started among three CPAs and a single idea — To build a place where individuality and culture resonates equally alongside integrity and business acumen. The idea grew into a formidable team of professionals who continue to strive to help businesses grow and succeed no matter the challenges.
Our clients represent a broad spectrum of industries and range in size from small, entrepreneurial startups to billion-dollar, publicly-held companies. Our stability has permitted us to develop long-term relationships in the banking, legal and financial services fields.
About the Position
We are seeking recent graduates from an accounting program, with an interest in Audit to work out of our Washington, DC office. The position offers the opportunity to work directly with other accounting professionals in performing accounting, auditing and tax functions for our diverse client base.
Along with a team supervised by a Manager or Partner, you will:
- Analyze and review client accounting records and financial statements
- Evaluate internal accounting control systems, audit risk, materiality and compliance with generally accepted auditing standards via inquiry, observation and review
- Create detailed workpapers that support the accounting work done
- Work on portions of larger audit and accounting engagements
- Proofread (to become familiar with a wide range of reports)
- Assume full responsibility on smaller accounting engagements (as their proficiency increases)
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned
To be considered for this outstanding opportunity, you must be an accounting major, graduating with a GPA of 3.2 or higher and excellent interpersonal and computer skills. Those graduating with 150 credits and who have had a prior internship with a public accounting firm, preferred.
How to Apply
Click Here to submit your application by 03/10/2019.