APPLY NOW! Communications and Marketing Intern with American Frozen Food Institute (AFFI)
The American Frozen Food Institute (AFFI) represents America’s frozen food and beverage makers. Our members are farmers, fruit and vegetable growers, makers of prepared meals, suppliers and distributors that provide over 670,000 American jobs.
Our foods and beverages are proudly chosen to meet the needs of a changing world.
We are the member-driven national trade association that advances the interests of all segments of the frozen food and beverage industry.
About the Position: Communications and Marketing Intern
The Communications and Marketing Intern will help the communications department meet their member service and advocacy goals and objectives. The primary focus of this internship position is to provide an understanding of the critical role communications and member relations play at a trade association.
Opportunities from this internship will include:
- Written and graphic content creation for social media platforms
- Pitch and implement marketing tactics for events
- The ability to analyze and monitor media pick-up
- Write content for websites, press releases and emails
- Through interaction with other staff, receive exposure to fields outside of communications, such as science and policy
- Assist with preparation of materials for association conferences
- Other duties as assigned
Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are essential, as well as attention to detail. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint are required and experience with Photoshop or other graphic design software is a plus.
Hours & Compensation: The intern will work 20-25 hours per week between the hours of 9:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday and be provided a $1,000 monthly stipend.
How to Apply
Deadline to apply is 05/31/2019. If interested, please submit your resume and the answers to the three prompts (provided below) to AFFI Manager of Communications Alexis Settineri at email@example.com.
- Describe your favorite meal in a tweet.
- Describe a prior course you have taken, what you learned in it and how it will help you succeed at this internship?
- What are you hoping to learn in your time at AFFI?