APPLY NOW! Grassroots Marketing Assistant with the Center for the Arts at GMU
About the Organization
The Center for the Arts is the centerpiece of performing arts on the Fairfax campus of George Mason University. Each year, the Center welcomes hundreds of thousands of community members into its 2000-seat Concert Hall for performances by renowned professional artists, accomplished faculty, and emerging student artists. Great Performances at Mason, an annual season of national and international artists, features the best of classical music, opera, jazz, world music, dance, theater, global music and dance, and more. As a part of George Mason University’s College of Visual and Performing Arts, the Center hosts many student and faculty performances presented by the Schools of Music, Theater, and Dance. The Center for the Arts is also the performing home for the Fairfax Symphony Orchestra.
About the Position
Practice the fundamentals of applied marketing for the Center for the Arts at George Mason University. This position will help drive ticket sales and attendance while assisting in promotions, events, and more. You will support the creation and implementation of grassroots marketing campaigns including material distribution, direct mailing pieces, digital marketing, and more.
- Promote using grassroots marketing efforts to drive ticket sales
- Distribute marketing publications and materials to on- and off-campus locations
- Research areas for targeting audiences
- Assist with planning and implementation of promotional events
- Support tabling at on-campus and community events
- Creativity, initiative, organization, and strong attention to detail
- A valid U.S. driver’s license and access to
- an insured, reliable vehicle
- Demonstrated strategic and critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of the Washington DC metro area markets
- An understanding or passion for the performing arts
- Marketing or Arts Management students (or related area of study) preferred
This position will be paid $15/hour and will work about 15-20 hours a week.
Also, this position will be doing transporting and deliveries to multiple locations. The applicant must have a valid U.S. driver’s license in good standing and have access to an insured, reliable vehicle.
How to Apply
For full consideration, please apply by the end of the business day on Friday, October 11th, 2019. Please send your resume and cover letter through the application on Handshake: https://gmu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/3093973/share_preview