MBA program requirements
We are glad you are considering applying to the Mason MBA program. As you begin this journey, it’s important to know what the MBA program requirements are for admission. To be eligible for the Mason MBA program, you must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or recognized qualifications equivalent to a four year degree. It is recommended that you have taken at least one college-level calculus course. Two years of full-time, post baccalaureate professional employment is also recommended as part of the MBA program requirements.
The earlier you apply the better. We promise you a decision by a certain date, depending on the date you apply. Visit our application deadlines page for more information.
MBA Program Requirements
- You will need to submit an:
- Online application and pay a $65 application processing fee ($80 fee for International applicants)
- A current résumé
- Two official copies of transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Official GMAT score OR GRE score (no requests for exceptions or waivers will be considered). Learn more about the admissions process, including how to send GMAT or GRE scores and official transcripts.
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- A personal career goals statement
- Professional essay (choose one of the two topics below)
- Describe a professional situation where you demonstrated one of the following leadership competencies: visionary, strategic, tactical, focused, persuasive, likeable, decisive, ethical and inspirational.
- Of Mason’s core values (creativity, rigor, diversity, team, integrity, and global community), which value resonates most with you and why?
- If you are an international student, please visit this page for additional requirements for international students.
- Supplemental Application Form: All incoming students are required to fill out the supplemental application form as part of the MBA program requirements. Completed forms can be emailed, faxed, or mailed to the MBA Admissions Office.
- Interviews for the traditional MBA program are by invitation only. You will be contacted if an interview is required for your application.
MBA Admissions Office
4400 University Drive, MS 5A2
Fairfax, VA 22030
The admissions committee considers the entire application to ensure that they have a complete profile of a candidate’s professional and academic qualifications. No portion of the portfolio is weighted more than another. We wish you the best as you begin this journey. Our staff is here to help if you have any questions about the MBA program requirements. Please contact us at 703-993-2136 should you need assistance.