Subscribe:

Why I Chose Mason for my Real Estate Program

One of the best ways to learn about the quality of a business school’s real estate masters degree and what it can do for your career is to hear directly from the students and alumni from the program.

What made you choose George Mason’s School of Business MS in Real Estate Development?

I came to Mason to change my line of progression. I didn’t want to take small, incremental steps; I wanted to make the leap to the development side of the business. -Rushabh Shah, MS Real Estate Development ’15

I joined the Mason masters in real estate development program because I wanted to view the world the same way my developer clients did. I wanted to speak their language. My hope was that this program would help me become a better banker. It also has been an invaluable resource in helping me to build genuine relationships with leaders and future leaders in the industry. -Huong Van, MS Real Estate Development ’14

When I applied to Mason’s real estate program, I had about five years of experience in mortgage lending and property management, but my real interests were in finance and real estate investment. I was looking for a way to gain the valuation and analysis skills I needed to advance my career in the development arena. -Parks Underdown, MS Real Estate Development ’14

What aspect of the Mason’s real estate development degree was most rewarding for you?

The flexibility of the Mason real estate program allowed me to tailor my academic experience to my skill set, broaden my knowledge and distinguish my credentials. Obtaining my masters in real estate not only helped me achieve my career goals, but strategically expanded my professional network as well. -Malcolm Van de Riet, MS Real Estate Development ’14

What was the most surprising experience for you in George Mason’s School of Business MS in Real Estate Development?

The system of education in my country is very different and one of the most surprising things I’ve found here is how helpful everyone has been. Our professors want us to succeed. I’m grateful for their knowledge and to know that I can rely on them to share their visions and their constructive criticism. -Evgeniia Lebedinskaia, MS Real Estate Development ’14

Tags: , , , ,

Trackback from your site.

Janet Palmisano

Janet Palmisano is a member of the Recruiting and Admissions team at the George Mason University School of Business.