Am I a good candidate for a Cyber Security Masters?

Are you a technology professional? Looking to hone your leadership skills? Then maybe you are a good candidate for a cyber security masters program.

George Mason University’s MS in Management of Secure Information Systems, our cyber security masters program, provides you with the leadership and management expertise you need while addressing the specific technology and policy challenges of modern information systems and networks.

At Mason, applicants are mid-career professionals actively engaged in the cyber security field in both the private sector and government and are interested in furthering their careers within the cyber security and information systems areas of an organization. A cyber security masters program will help you combat the threats now seen throughout businesses and the world in the cyber realm.

The infographic below highlights some of the many reasons why a cyber security masters is so important, and how a cyber security masters will help you to protect against cyber attacks. More than 1 million adults are cyber crime victims every day—that’s 50,000 victims an hour, 820 victims a minute, and 14 cyber crime victims every second. Cyber crime doesn’t discriminate, victims are from countries around the world, and all industries or sectors of business. The Bureau of Labor Statistics shows that professionals in cyber security field can expect an increase of 53 percent of job opportunities through 2018, and those who have completed a cyber security masters programs will have the best credentials to grab the top-level jobs that become available.

cyber security degree infographic Am I a good candidate for a Cyber Security Masters?

Source: http://www.floridatechonline.com/cyber-security-infographic/)

About Jackie Buchy

Since 2011, I have served as the assistant dean for graduate enrollment at George Mason University's School of Business. In my role, I work with prospective graduate students to identify and select the best graduate program to meet their career goals.

View all posts by Jackie Buchy

One Response to “Am I a good candidate for a Cyber Security Masters?”

1. Joe Sullivan Says:

I started out looking to get into the Government side of cyber security back in 2008. I can tell you that over the years the salaries are much better on the private company side. Working for the government sounds good, but you only get to work on a small piece of the over all tool set used to combat cyber attacks. It’s not very fulfilling.

Reply