Masters in technology management programs aim to offer a balance of technical information and business management curriculum tailored to IT professionals. There are many factors to consider when choosing a technology management program. One important aspect to review is the individual facets of the program itself. This includes the faculty and their experience (both industry and academic), reputation of the program including accreditation, connections to industry partners, as well as the value of the degree.
Important questions to consider regarding the many facets of a masters in technology management program are:
- Are the faculty experts and leaders in technology management?
- Does the faculty have both academic and industry executive experience?
- Does the university and program have a top reputation?
- Is the program accredited?
- Does the program have supportive and engaged industry partners as well as connections to government and international partnerships?
- Does the program provide good value?
The Master’s in Technology Management at George Mason has a relevant and focused curriculum, experienced faculty, flexible program design for working professionals, active IT industry and global partnerships, and accomplished students and alumni. It provides students with an executive-level perspective and the right skill portfolio to manage across all business disciplines.
It is an AACSB accredited program with deep industry partnerships including
- International Academy of CIO
- International Telecommunication Union
- Capital Technology Management Hub
- An advisory council comprising IT business leaders
“The technology management program faculty—and cohort of students—are drawn from local high-tech businesses and have the concrete, real-world experience that bridges the abstract academic theory with the practical hands-on lessons learned. While we may learn and discuss the abstract, the real experience is directly relevant to the unique combination of government and high-tech work environment here in the DC area.” – David Gagliano ’02, Vice President of Technology & Systems Integration, General Dynamics Information Technology, Defense Solutions Division
Mason’s MS in Technology Management program helps you further your technology leadership career, positioning you to take advantage of opportunities as you sharpen your ability to adapt and excel in an ever rapidly changing business environment.
Download the complete e-book titled “How Graduate Education Advances Your Career in Technology Management” for a more in depth look at this topic.