Admission is highly competitive and is based on a number of factors: your fit within the program and potential contribution to a collegial learning environment, relevant work experience, leadership potential, letters of recommendation, and a competitive GMAT or GRE score.
- Submit online application and fee by the admissions deadline.
- The following documents must be uploaded and submitted with the online application: résumé, goals statement and work description essay. Professional recommendations are sent and received electronically as part of the online application. Two professional letters of recommendation are required.
- GMAT or GRE scores will be made available to the MS in Management in Secure Information Systems Admissions Office electronically if you request scores be sent to George Mason University when taking the exam.
- An official transcript should be sent directly from the granting institution to the MS in Management of Secure Information Systems Admissions Office, 4400 University Drive, MSN 5F3, Fairfax, VA 22030.
- The admissions committee will review your application portfolio.
- An interview is required for applicants. We will notify you if you have been selected to interview.
- You will be notified of our admissions decision approximately 1-2 weeks after your application has been sent to the admissions committee for review. During peak times close to admission deadlines, please be patient as our time to notification may be longer.
All admissions decisions are final.
No portion of the portfolio is weighted more than another; the admissions committee considers the entire application to ensure that they have a complete profile of a candidate’s professional and academic qualifications.