Admission is highly competitive and is based on a number of factors: your fit within the program and potential contribution to a collegial learning environment, relevant work experience, leadership potential, letters of recommendation, and quantitative ability.
- Submit online application and fee by the admissions deadline.
- The following documents must be uploaded and submitted with the online application: résumé and goals statement. Professional recommendations are sent and received electronically as part of the online application. Two professional letters of recommendation are required.
George Mason University
4400 University Drive, MS 5F3
Fairfax, VA 22030
- The admissions committee will review your application portfolio.
- An interview is required for applicants. We will notify you if you have been selected to interview.
- You will be notified of our admissions decision approximately 1-2 weeks after your application has been sent to the admissions committee for review. During peak times close to admission deadlines, please be patient as our time to notification may be longer.
All admissions decisions are final.
The GMAT is not a mandatory requirement for all applicants. Each year we carefully evaluate every applicant to create a comprehensive and diverse class who will benefit from the academic experience as well as their colleagues within the cohort. We ask that applicants demonstrate an ability to successfully complete quantitative course work. If we cannot find evidence of success in undergraduate or graduate quantitative course work you may be asked to demonstrate abilities in other ways (e.g., GMAT) If youare submitting GMAT or GRE scores they will be made available to the MS in Management in Secure Information Systems Admissions Office electronically if you request scores be sent to George Mason University when taking the exam.
No portion of the portfolio is weighted more than another; the admissions committee considers the entire application to ensure that they have a complete profile of a candidate’s professional and academic qualifications.