Take the First Step in Your Future Career Growth
To be eligble for the Mason Executive MBA program, you must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or recognized qualifications equivalent to a degree, seven years of full-time work experience including significant experience at a management level, and currently hold a position of executive responsibility within an organization.
Applications are accepted throughout the year with a deadline of July 8 of each year for the traditional EMBA program (fall start only). The online EMBA has a deadline of July 8 for a fall start or a deadline of October 15 for a spring start. Early application is advised because enrollment is limited and qualified applicants are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Online application and $65 application fee
- A current résumé
- The GMAT is not a mandatory requirement for all applicants. Each year we carefully evaluate every applicant to create a comprehensive and diverse class who will benefit from the academic experience as well as their colleagues within the cohort. We ask that applicants demonstrate an ability to successfully complete quantitative course work. If we cannot find evidence of success in undergraduate or graduate quantitative course work you may be asked to demonstrate abilities in other ways (e.g., GMAT). Official GMAT or GRE score You may also request a GMAT/GRE waiver in advance of submitting your applicant.
- Official copies of transcripts from all colleges or universities attended (can be mailed or sent electronically)
- Official transcripts can be mailed to:
George Mason University
4400 University Drive, MS 5F3
Fairfax, VA 22030
- Two professional letters of recommendation from current or former supervisors
- A personal career goals statement
- An interview with the Executive MBA Director
Students who have their degree from outside of the U.S. may be asked to submit a TOEFL score. Below are the minimum scores accepted by the EMBA program.
Internet Based TOEFL (IBT): 93, with no less than a 20 in any of the four sections
Computer Based TOEFL (CBT): 237
Paper Based TOEFL (PBT): 580
For more information on the TOEFL, please contact ETS at 1-800-GO-TOEFL.
No portion of the portfolio is weighted more than another; the admissions committee considers the entire application to ensure that they have a complete profile of a candidate’s professional and academic qualifications.