Admission is highly competitive and is based on a number of factors: your fit within the program and potential contribution to a collegial learning environment, relevant work experience, leadership potential, letters of recommendation and quantitative ability.
- Submit online application and fee by the admissions deadline.
- The following documents must be uploaded and submitted with the online application: résumé and career goals statement. Professional recommendations are sent and received electronically as part of the online application. Two letters of professional recommendation are required.
Executive MBA Admissions Office
4400 University Drive, MSN 5F3
Fairfax, VA 22030
- The admissions committee will review your application portfolio.
- An EMBA Admissions staff member will contact you to setup an interview.
- You will be notified of our admissions decision approximately 10 days after receipt of your complete application package and completion of your personal interview.
- If accepted into the Mason EMBA program, you will enroll by the appropriate deadline.
All admissions decisions are final.
The GMAT is not a mandatory requirement for all applicants. Each year we carefully evaluate every applicant to create a comprehensive and diverse class who will benefit from the academic experience as well as their colleagues within the cohort. We ask that applicants demonstrate an ability to successfully complete quantitative course work. If we cannot find evidence of success in undergraduate or graduate quantitative course work, you may be asked to demonstrate abilities in other ways (e.g., GMAT). If you are submitting GMAT scores they will be made available to the EMBA Admissions Office electronically if you request that your scores be sent to George Mason University when taking the exam. Or you can submit official GRE scores in place of the GMAT. We will accept either exam. You may also submit a request for a GMAT/GRE waiver in advance of applying.
No portion of the portfolio is weighted more than another; the admissions committee considers the entire application to ensure that they have a complete profile of a candidate’s professional and academic qualifications.