Chief Risk Officer
What You'll Learn
Upon successful completion of the CRO program, participants will be able to:
- Establish and lead the risk management function as a strategic and aligned partner with all agency units
- Think strategically and ensure the ERM strategy fully aligns with and supports the mission and value proposition of the organization
- Lead the conversation for determining the organization’s risk appetite and tolerance and the threats and opportunities derived from risk.
- Lead the development, in concert with senior leadership, a comprehensive strategic enterprise risk management plan with a mission, vision, and specific, measurable goals that is fully aligned with the organization.
- Create and sustain an enabling risk-management ecosystem with conditions to encourage a risk-aware culture and risk management practices
- Build capacity for being a leader and effectively exercising leadership as a senior executive
- Lead the organization in viewing risk management as an opportunity for innovation and change to drive mission performance
Program Cost: $7,900
- George Mason Alumni, employee, or student please call 703-993-8275
- Government and group discounts also available
Program Delivery: Online/in-person hybrid program
Schedule: October 2019 – February 2020
- On-site dates: Oct. 2 – 4, 2019 and Feb. 12 – 14, 2020 at the Mason Arlington Campus
- Online dates: Oct. 10, 2019 – Jan. 17, 2020
Participants who have completed the application and registration process will be given access to program materials and pre-reading in Blackboard two weeks prior to the first in-person session.