MBA Application Requirements
- Online application and application fee ($75) - Application fees are nonrefundable. Application fee waivers are only available to applicants who attend a School of Business Graduate Programs Preview Night. Additionally, your application must be submitted after you attend the event to receive the fee waiver. If you submit your application and then attend an event, we cannot refund the application fee.
- A current résumé
- Transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. Each transcript needs to include course names, all grades received, cumulative GPA, and degree conferral information. The Office of Graduate Admissions does not require official transcripts for your application to be reviewed for admission. We require unofficial copies of your transcripts for application review. If admitted however, all applicants are required to submit official transcripts prior to the last day to add/drop courses in their first term.
- Unofficial transcripts should be uploaded to your online application
- Official transcripts can be mailed to:
George Mason University
Office of Graduate Admissions
4400 University Drive, MSN 4C8
Fairfax, VA 22030
- Official GMAT score OR GRE score - GMAT/GRE waivers may be considered.
- In order to be considered for a test waiver, students must confirm receipt of the following items in their Self Service Center: transcripts and résumé. International applicants must confirm receipt of transcript evaluations and English proficiency test scores.
- GMAT scores will be made available to the MBA Admissions Office electronically if you request that your scores be sent to George Mason University when taking the exam. Or you can submit official GRE scores in place of the GMAT (code 5827).
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- One Goals Statement (question listed below)
- In no more than 750 words, tell us why you believe the Mason MBA program is the best fit for you? Include information about your personal qualities, academic background, professional experience, and career goals.
- Video Introduction (optional)
- Maximum one minute video
- Address the following: In an effort to get to know you better, tell us 5 fun facts about yourself. Expand on one of these facts, describing how it will make you successful in the graduate School of Business at George Mason University.
- Upload video to an accessible website such as YouTube
- Make sure all audio and visual components are clear
- Copy and paste the direct video URL into bottom of goals statement
- Additional requirements for international students and applicants who hold undergraduate degrees from outside the United States
- Do not submit any documents to the program prior to submitting the online application
- If you submit your application first, it will make the matching process of your documents (transcripts and test scores) easier and faster
- Your résumé, goals statement, and optional video introduction must be uploaded and submitted with the online application
- Professional recommendations are sent and received electronically as part of the online application
- Complete applications must be submitted by the application deadline dates to ensure full consideration
- Documents which are posted/emailed to us are acknowledged when they are processed rather than when they are received
- Early application is encouraged as enrollment is limited and qualified applicants are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis
- All documents submitted are non-returnable
- All admissions decisions are final
Fall Application Deadlines
|APPLICATION DEADLINE||DECISION RELEASED||ENROLLMENT FORM & FEE DUE|
|Round One||November 15||February 1||March 1|
|Round Two||February 1*||March 15||April 15|
|Round Three||April 1||May 15||June 1|
*International applicants are required to apply and have all necessary application documents in to the University by February 1. Even if final deadlines are extended, international applicants will still be required to apply and have all necessary application documents in to the University by February 1 due to visa processing timelines.
Following the April 1 deadline, there is no guarantee that you will receive a decision. Decisions will be made on a space available basis. To formally accept an offer of admission, the online enrollment form must be completed by the date listed above.