- Information content of accounting information
- Accounting for deferred taxes
- Discolsure of not-for-profit organizations and financial statement analysis in general
- PhD - Accounting, New York University
- CA, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- BA, University of Madras
Prior to joining George Mason University, Visvanathan was an assistant professor at George Washington University. His research has been published in The Accounting Review, Journal of Financial Statement Analysis, Accounting Horizons, Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance, and Journal of American Taxation Association.
Presented the paper titled, “Discussant - Managerial Ability, Financial Reporting Timeliness, and Information Asymmetry” at the 2015 AAA Annual Meeting- Auditing Section in Chicago, IL in 2015.
Presented the paper titled, “Discussion of Audit Committee Financial Expertise and Properties of Analyst Earnings Forecasts” at the 2012 American Accounting Association Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C., in 2012.
Had the presentation titled “Does Financial Expertise in the C-Suite Aid or Mitigate Earnings Management?” published in the proceedings from the 2010 American Accounting Association Annual Meeting.