Wang, George H. K.
- Derivatives and Risk Management
- Applied Time Series and Econometrics
- Statistical Methods in Finance
- Empirical Market Microstructure
- PhD - Statistics and Economics, Iowa State University
- MA - Economics, Northern Illinois University
George H. K. Wang received his PhD in economics and statistics from Iowa State University (Ames, Iowa). Prior to join George Mason University, he was the Deputy Chief Economist, Director of Market Research at U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Wang also served as a Senior Financial Economist and Econometrician at Federal Home Loan Bank Board.
In summer, 2006 and 2007, December 2013 to January 2014, Wang was a Visiting Professor of Finance in the Faculty of Business and Economics at the University of Sydney in Sydney, Australia and Visiting Scholar sponsored by Taiwan National Science Council to National Central University, Jhongli, Taiwan in July 2007 National Chengchi University, Taipei, Taiwan, June 2015.
Wang's research and teaching interests include derivatives and risk management, applied time series and financial econometrics, empirical market microstructure. He has published more than fifty papers in major refereed journals in the areas of derivative markets, applied time series, econometrics, mortgage and housing markets and transportation. Wang is an elected ordinary member of International Statistical Institute and on the editorial board of the Journal of Futures Markets.
- FNAN 411 Investment Analysis/Portfolio Management
- FNAN 412 Introduction to Futures and Option Markets
- FNAN 430 Empirical Methods in Finance
- MBA 704 Financial Innovations and Risk Management (Futures, Options, and other Derivatives)