- Composition Pedagogy
- Writing Center Pedagogy
- Writing Across the Curriculum Pedagogy
- Business Writing and Communications
- MA - English, George Mason University
- Graduate Certificate - Professional Writing and Rhetoric, George Mason University
- BA - English, Virginia Commonwealth University
- BIS - Women's Studies, Virginia Commonwealth University
Jackie D. Brown, Instructor of business and marketing communications, coordinates the teaching of 20-22 writing recitations per week, oversees a group of supporting faculty members, and creates curriculum for the lab portion of the School of Business 301 class.
Brown also serves as the campus relations coordinator for Mason's Writing Center, where she coordinates, supports, and supervises outreach and research initiatives. She is a member of the Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC) committee and former employee of Mason's nationally recognized WAC Program. In the summer of 2012, Brown became a writing fellow from the Northern Virginia Writing Project (NVWP).
Presented the paper titled, “Cultivating Creative and Reflective Learners” at the 2016 Innovations in Teaching and Learning (ITL) conference in Fairfax, Virginia in 2016 (with coauthor Cameron Harris).
Received a Teaching Award from George Mason School of Business in 2015 for faculty recognized for outstanding contributions to teaching.