Conference on Investor Protection, Corporate Governance, and Fraud Prevention
You are cordially invited to submit papers for presentation at the Conference on Investor Protection, Corporate Governance, and Fraud Prevention to be held at George Mason University on Friday, May 27, 2016. George Mason University is a short distance from Washington, D.C., and metro access is available.
The conference is sponsored by the Investor Protection and Corporate Fraud Research Center housed in the Accounting Area in the School of Business at George Mason University. The goal of the conference is to bring together scholars working on current issues in the broad area of Corporate Governance, Fraud, and Investor Protection.
Professor Shivaram Rajgopal from the Columbia University will be the keynote speaker. The Conference encourages submissions of archival work on the broad topic of Investor Protection, Corporate Governance, and Fraud Detection. Relevant topics include, but are not limited to, the following list:
- The role of governance in detecting and preventing fraud
- The role of accounting in investor protection
- Understanding, identifying, and measuring good governance
- The causes and consequences of good governance or lack thereof
- The impact of corporate governance on international capital flows
- The governance role of external monitors such as auditors and activist shareholders
- Business ethics and corporate social responsibility
About the Accounting Area at the School of Business of George Mason University: The Accounting Area has diverse research and teaching interests. We offer a vibrant, ambitious and collegial research and teaching community. Research is highly valued in the area and at the school. At present, there are 20 full-time faculty members in the area. The Accounting Area faculty has published in many of the premiere accounting journals including Accounting, Organizations and Society, Contemporary Accounting Research, The Accounting Review, The Journal of Accounting and Economics, The Journal of Accounting Research, and The Review of Accounting Studies, as well as other top business journals.