JD/MBA Dual Degree Admissions
The Mason MBA's highly competitive acceptance rate is based on a number of factors: your fit within the program and potential contribution to a collegial learning environment, relevant work experience, leadership potential, letters of recommendation, and a competitive GMAT or GRE score.
Applicants must apply separately to the JD and MBA programs. Visit the School of Law website for admissions information pertaining to the JD program.
MBA Application Requirements
- Online application to the MBA program and application fee ($75) - Application fees are nonrefundable. Application fee waivers are only available to applicants who attend a School of Business Graduate Programs Preview Night. Additionally, your application must be submitted after you attend the event to receive the fee waiver. If you submit your application and then attend an event, we cannot refund the application fee.
- A current résumé
- Official copies of transcripts from all colleges or universities attended (can be mailed or sent electronically). Each transcript needs to include course names, all grades received, cumulative GPA, and degree conferral information.
- Official transcripts can be mailed to:
George Mason University
Office of Graduate Admissions
4400 University Drive, MSN 4C8
Fairfax, VA 22030
- Official GMAT score or GRE score (code 5827). GMAT/GRE waivers may be considered.
- In order to be considered for a test waiver, students must confirm receipt of the following items in their Self Service Center: transcripts and résumé. International applicants must confirm receipt of transcript evaluations and English proficiency test scores.
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- General goals statement about your interest in the JD/MBA dual degree program (no more than 500 words)
- Video Introduction (optional)
- Maximum one minute video
- Address the following: In an effort to get to know you better, tell us 5 fun facts about yourself. Expand on one of these facts, describing how it will make you successful in the graduate School of Business at George Mason University.
- Upload video to an accessible website such as YouTube
- Ensure all audio and visual components are clear
- Copy and paste the direct video URL into bottom of goals statement
- Additional requirements for international students and applicants who hold undergraduate degrees from outside the United States
- Do not submit any documents to the program prior to submitting the online application.
- If you submit your application first, it will make the matching process of your documents (transcripts and test scores) easier and faster.
- Résumé, recommendations, and goal statement must be uploaded and submitted with the online application.
*The GMAT/GRE is not a mandatory requirement for all applicants. Each year we carefully evaluate every applicant to create a comprehensive and diverse class who will benefit from the academic experience as well as their colleagues within the cohort. We ask that applicants demonstrate an ability to successfully complete quantitative course work. If we cannot find evidence of success in undergraduate or graduate quantitative course work, the applicant may be asked to demonstrate abilities in other ways (e.g., GMAT).
The application deadline for the MBA program is May 1 for new students (who will begin the JD/MBA dual degree with law courses in the fall). The application deadline for the MBA program is March 1 for students currently enrolled in Mason's School of Law (who will begin taking MBA courses in the fall).
We recommend applicants apply by January 15 to evaluate if the candidate will need to take a GMAT/GRE. Early application is advised since enrollment is limited.
Please remember that it is your responsibility to ensure that your application is complete, including all references, transcripts, the application fee, test scores, and international documentation if applicable. Please note that we will acknowledge documents which are posted/emailed to us when they are processed rather than when they are received. All documents are non-returnable.
Our Personal Invitation
The graduate School of Business is located in Founders Hall on the 4th floor, suite 402. Our address is 3351 Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA 22201.
We encourage you to visit and sit in on our classes; attend one of our open receptions where you can speak directly with the director, staff, faculty, alumni, and current students; or make an appointment for an informal interview with the director.
If you would like more information, please contact your admissions counselor: