Graduate Certificate in Accounting Analytics
The Graduate Certificate in Accounting Analytics (GCAA) is for students and working professionals to pair their accounting knowledge and skills with data and analytical knowledge. The GCAA will provide a building block for master’s in accounting students and working professionals seeking a career change or advancement and provides a foundation to compete for current accounting employment opportunities.
Program at a Glance:
- 12 credits
- Fairfax campus
- Program can be completed in 11 months
- Fall start only
- Courses taken in the accounting analytics certificate program can be applied towards the 10-course master’s in accounting degree program.
Click here for program application requirements.
Click here for program application deadlines.
Graduate tuition rates apply for the graduate certificate in accounting analytics program. Learn more about current tuition and fee rates. Maryland and Washington, D.C. residents qualify for in-state tuition.
The graduate certificate in accounting analytics program currently going through the process of becoming approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for Veterans Affairs Education Benefits.
As such, you are strongly encouraged to explore other funding options by contacting the Office of Student Financial Aid in order to find a more immediate, interim solution for financing your educational plans. Please direct questions to the Office of Military Services at 703-993-1316 or email email@example.com.
Certificate Course Requirements
Students must complete 12 credits from the following list of courses to complete the graduate certificate in accounting analytics.
Required Courses (12 credits)
- ACCT 661: Accounting Analytics (If you have completed ACCT 361, or Mason equivalent, you will begin with ACCT 665 and complete ACCT 671, ACCT 771 and ACCT 781)
- ACCT 665: Advanced Accounting Analytics (ACCT 361 or ACCT 661 pre-req.)
- ACCT 671: Managing Data Quality and Integrity (ACCT 361/661 and ACCT 665 pre-req.)
- ACCT 771: Audit Analytics (ACCT 361/661, ACCT 665 and ACCT 671 pre-req.)
- ACCT 781: Tax Analytics (ACCT 361/661, ACCT 665 and ACCT 671 pre-req.)
A maximum of 3 graduate credits taken at another institution can be transferred into a graduate certificate program. Replacement credits may be taken from the elective courses listed above.
For more information about Virginia's Uniform CPA Exam, contact the Virginia State Board of Accountancy. We encourage all students interested in sitting for the CPA to submit their academic transcripts to the BOA to determine how many accounting and business credits are needed to be eligible to sit for the Uniform CPA Exam.