Admission is highly competitive and is based on a number of factors: your fit within the program and potential contribution to a collegial learning environment, leadership potential, letters of recommendation, and a competitive GMAT or GRE scores.
- Please do not submit any material/items prior to submitting your on-line application.
- Submit your completed application online. The following documents must be uploaded and submitted with the online application: résumé, career goals statement, and professional essay.
- Academic or professional recommendations are accepted and are sent and received electronically as part of the online application.
- Official transcripts should be sent directly to the MS in Accounting Admissions Office.
- GMAT scores will be made available to the MS in Accounting Admissions Office electronically if you request scores be sent to George Mason University when taking the exam.
- Keep the length of your résumé to less than two pages. For every employment experience listed, include your specific responsibilities and accomplishments. Don’t be afraid to include items that have enhanced you professionally, (e.g. fluency in a foreign language, education abroad, civic honors and achievements, technical competencies, and leadership activities).
- The personal statement relates to post-MSA career goals. It should be 750-1,000 words long.
- Proofread your essays.
- Items submitted to the university as part of an application become property of the university and cannot be returned to you.
Find more tips on the Admissions FAQs.