MS in Accounting Admissions Process
Admission is highly competitive and is based on a number of factors: your fit within the program and potential contribution to a collegial learning environment, relevant work experience, leadership potential, letters of recommendation and a competitive GMAT or GRE score.
- Submit online application and fee by appropriate admissions deadline.
- Please do not submit any materials/items prior to submitting an application.
- The following documents must be uploaded and submitted with the online application: résumé and career goals statement. If applying to the online program, please select the part-time option in your application and reference your interest in the online program in your application essay. Professional and/or academic recommendations are sent and received electronically as part of the online application.
- GMAT scores will be made available to the MSA Admissions Office electronically if you request that your scores be sent to George Mason University when taking the exam. Or you can submit official GRE scores in place of the GMAT. We will accept either exam.
- The admissions committee will review your application portfolio once all required documents are received. An interview is by invitation only and we will notify you if you have been selected to interview.
- If accepted into the MS in Accounting program, you will enroll by the appropriate deadline.
Any documents (transcripts or GMAT or GRE scores) sent via mail should be addressed to
George Mason University
MS Accounting Admissions
4400 University Drive, MS 5A2
Fairfax, VA 22030
All admissions decisions are final. You must enroll under the program for which you applied.
No portion of the portfolio is weighted more than another; the admissions committee considers the entire application to ensure that they have a complete profile of a candidate’s professional and academic qualifications.