Top Accounting Courses & Classes
The Masters in Accounting is focused on developing ethical leaders who can overcome challenges and provide solutions. Our masters in accounting courses
- emphasize the latest trends and issues in accounting, business ethics, and corporate governance
- are designed to specifically satisfy the 150-hour educational requirement adopted by a number of states, including Virginia, for certification and licensure as a CPA
- provide professional skills such as oral/written communication, leadership, team building, negotiations
Whether you pursue our in-class or online accounting program, you will experience the same rigorous and relevant accounting courses taught by the same experienced faculty.
Program at a Glance
- Convenient: On-campus evening classes in Arlington or Fairfax or online classes
- Self-paced: Complete in less than 1 year (full-time) or less than two years (part-time)
- Career-oriented: Select from tracks in financial, forensic, government, or tax accounting
- Experiential: Global residency and internship for credit
- Technology-oriented: Courses integrate data analytics, advanced Excel skills, and research analysis
Accelerated Masters in Accounting
The Accelerated MS in Accounting is designed exclusively for high-performing students currently enrolled in Mason's BS in Accounting program. Students can earn both a BS and MS Accounting degree, while working towards the 150 credits needed for the CPA requirements and become a more valuable prospect to employers.
- For current BS in Accounting students at Mason
- Take 2 graduate courses that apply to BS and MS degrees
- Take up to 2 graduate courses at undergraduate tuition rates
- No GMAT or GRE required
Graduate Certificate in Forensic Accounting
The 12-credit Graduate Certificate in Forensic Accounting Program provides an opportunity for students to acquire education in the emerging field of forensic accounting. Students with a bachelor's degree in accounting can also use the certificate program as a means of obtaining the necessary 150 hours of academic credit to qualify for a CPA license.
- Teaming & Leading: Our graduates will demonstrate the team leadership and interpersonal skills needed to form, lead, and work effectively on diverse organizational teams.
- Analytical Decision Making: Our students will demonstrate the ability to analyze uncertain complex management situations using appropriate tools, techniques and information systems for decision-making.
- Ethics and Social Responsibility: Our graduates will demonstrate knowledge of the legal and ethical environment of management and business social responsibility.
- Accounting Research: Our graduates will be competent at conducting accounting research
- Technical Knowledge: Our graduates will demonstrate technical knowledge of accounting and auditing.