Top Accounting Courses & Classes
The MS in Accounting is focused on developing ethical leaders who can overcome challenges and provide solutions. Our master's in accounting courses
- emphasize the latest trends and issues in accounting, business ethics, and corporate governance
- are designed to specifically satisfy the 150-hour educational requirement adopted by a number of states, including Virginia, for certification and licensure as a CPA
- provide professional skills such as oral/written communication, leadership, team building, negotiations
Whether you pursue our in-class or online accounting program, you will experience the same rigorous and relevant accounting courses taught by the same experienced faculty.
Program at a Glance
- Convenient: Fall start only, on-campus evening classes in Fairfax or online classes
- Self-paced: Complete in 11 months (full-time) or 22 months (part-time)
- Career-oriented: Select from tracks in financial, forensic, government, tax or accounting analytics
- Experiential: Global residency and internship for credit
- Technology-oriented: Courses integrate data analytics, advanced Excel skills, and research analysis
|Location||For full-time students||For part-time students||Curriculum|
|Fairfax Campus||11 months||22 months||5 core courses |
|Online||N/A||22 months ||Lock-step |
At the end of our program, MSA students will be able to:
- Professional Communications
- Our graduates will communicate effectively to professional audiences in both written and oral forms.
- Our students will prepare and deliver a professional quality presentation using appropriate technology.
- Our students will prepare and write a paper about an assigned accounting topic.
- Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Our graduates will demonstrate and apply technical knowledge of accounting and understand the importance of ethical conduct.
- Our students will identify and interpret relevant accounting issues in a business case and use appropriate research tools to solve accounting issues taking into consideration ethical dimensions of a situation.
- Global Perspective
- Our students will demonstrate an understanding of the role of accounting in the global business environment.
- Our students will research and apply knowledge of the history, culture, and business practices of an international region.
- Technology and Analytics Skills
- Our students will develop advanced technology skills to support decision-making processes in accounting.
- Our students will use electronic spreadsheets to analyze data, develop queries to access accounting information in databases, and access big data using data visualization tools.