Accelerated Masters in Accounting
George Mason's Accelerated Masters in Accounting is designed exclusively for current BS in Accounting majors within George Mason's School of Business.
Why might I want to be in the MSAccel program?
I am a high performing, motivated accounting student in George Mason's BS in Accounting program. I can earn both a BS and MS Accounting degree, while working towards the 150 credits needed for the CPA requirements, and become a more valuable prospect to employers.
How does the MSAccel program benefit me?
- Allows you to jumpstart your graduate education.
- No GMAT or GRE necessary for admissions.
- Take 2 graduate courses that apply to both your undergraduate and MSA degree programs.
- Build time into your schedule to complete an internship and improve your employment options.
- Take graduate courses at undergraduate tuition rates.
What are the applicant requirements for the MSAccel program?
- Application to the Accelerated Master's in Accounting program should be made once the student has completed at least 75 undergraduate credits (with at least 24 at Mason).
- Completed at least three Mason Accounting courses at the 300 level or above with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and no more than one C in accounting at the 300 level.
- After admissions and having earned 90 undergraduate credits, accelerated master's students complete 3 to 6 credits of graduate coursework in accounting (with a 3.00 GPA or better in each course) specified by their undergraduate and graduate advisors. These credits will apply to the undergraduate degree and provide the student advanced standing in the Mason accelerated Masters in Accounting program. All graduate course prerequisites must be completed prior to enrollment.
How do I apply to the MSAccel program?
- Submit the online Bachelor's/Accelerated Master's application.
- No GMAT or GRE required.
- Applicants must have a 3.0 GPA and no more than one C in accounting at the 300-level or above.
We encourage applicants to apply by October 1st for the Spring term and March 1st for the Fall term to allow time for registration.
Please remember that it is your responsibility to ensure that your application is complete. Please note that we will acknowledge documents which are posted/emailed to us when they are processed rather than when they are received. All documents are non-returnable.
If you are interested in applying to the MSAccel and would like to speak with a graduate program admission specialist, please call 703-993-8006.
When do I become a graduate student?
You will submit the Bachelor's/Accelerated Masters Transition Form at the completion and conferral of your undergrad degree in the semester indicated in the application. If you have maintained designated academic standards, then you will be admitted to graduate status.
Accelerated master's students must graduate from their undergraduate program in the semester specified on their application to the accelerated degree program. Changes to the timeline for conferral of the undergraduate degree must receive written approval by the graduate program director. Students are also required to enroll in the Accelerated Master's in Accounting program in the fall or spring semester that immediately follows the term of undergraduate degree conferral. Accelerated Master's in Accounting students may not take any MBA 600 level courses.
You can submit the Bachelor's/Accelerated Master's inquiry form here.
If you would like more information, please contact your admissions counselor: