Courses with Real-World Relevance
The MSA program is designed to explore the most challenging issues and opportunities facing accounting and finance professionals, as well as provide new professionals with the leadership skills and global perspective necessary for future success. The program is offered on a full time and part time basis as well as in person or online.
Required Core (15 credits)
- ACCT 633 Identifying & Resolving Advanced Issues in Financial Accounting
- ACCT 636 Fraud Examination
- ACCT 651 Identifying & Resolving Advanced Issues in Taxation
- ACCT 690 Professional Accounting Colloquium
- ACCT 795 Global Accounting Environment (Global Residency)
Electives (15 credits)
Any 600-700 level ACCT course that does not duplicate coursework taken as an undergraduate. View accounting courses and descriptions.
The only electives available online are as follows: ACCT 701 Business Valuation, ACCT 708 Taxes and Business Strategy, ACCT 737 Fraud and the Law, ACCT 738 Advanced Topics in Fraud, and ACCT 742 Governance and Ethics. Students who wish to pursue the MS in Accounting degree entirely online will thus complete the graduate certificate in Forensic Accounting along with the Master's degree. To view a sample online MS in Accounting schedule, please click here.