- Q:Can I take Masters in Accounting courses without applying to the Masters in Accounting program?
No. You must be an admitted Masters in Accounting student to take masters in accounting courses.
Learn more about Mason's Masters in Accounting admissions requirements.
- Q:How do I qualify for in state tuition rates?
Determination of residency status is made based on your responses to the domicile form that is part of the online application. If your residency changes after enrolling or if you do not agree with the domicile determination, you may appeal your status by calling the Domicile Office at 703-993-2464 or visiting the Domicile Office website.
- Q:How long will it take for me to complete Masters of Accounting program?
Those students entering with a bachelor's degree in accounting, typically complete the 30 credit masters of accouting program in 10-12 months.
Applicants entering with a bachelor's degree in business or equivalent, will be required to succesfully complete four pre-requisite courses during the summer before starting the masters of accounting courses in the fall. These students generally complete the MSA program within 12-15 months.
- Q:How much does the Mason Masters in Accounting program cost?
Visit the MS in Accounting tuition page for cost information.
For an estimate of additional cost of attendance, please visit Mason’s financial aid website. For updated tuition rates, please visit the Student Accounts website.
- Q:I do not have a bachelor's degree in accounting, but I want to become a CPA. Am I eligible for the Masters in Accounting program?
Applicants to the masters of accounting program are required to have a Bachelor's in Accounting or at least 24 credits in accounting, a Bachelor's in Business or equivalent.
Applicants who do not have an accounting major or equivalent will be provisionally admitted until they have completed the following courses or equivalents with a grade of B- or better: ACCT 331, ACCT 332, ACCT 351, and ACCT 461. If you wish to earn additional accounting credits, the School of Business offers a post-baccalaureate accounting certificate program.
You also are eligible to apply for the Mason MBA program.
- Q:I have a bachelor's degree in business, but I have a lot of accounting courses. Am I eligible for the Masters in Accounting program?
You might be eligible for the Masters in Accounting program. Applicants with a bachelor's degree in business or equivalent are eligible to be provisionally admitted until they complete the following courses or equivalents with a grade of B- or better: ACCT 331, ACCT 332, ACCT 351, and ACCT 461.
Please contact Nancy Doernhoefer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-993-4128 for additional information.
- Q:I have/am graduating with a bachelor's degree in accounting. Am I eligible for the Masters in Accounting program?
Yes. Students with a bachelor’s degree in accounting are eligible for Mason's Masters in Accounting program. You may also be interested in the Mason MBA program.
- Q:My degree is from outside of the U.S., how will I know if I am eligible to apply to the Masters in Accounting program?