- Q:Can I take MSA courses without applying to the program?
No. You must be an admitted MS in Accounting student to take classes in our program.
- Q:How do I qualify for in state tuition rates?
Determination of residency status is made based on your responses to the domicile form that is part of the online application. If your residency changes after enrolling or if you do not agree with the domicile determination, you may appeal your status by calling the Domicile Office at 703-993-2464 or visiting the Domicile Office website.
- Q:How long will it take for me to complete the Mason MS in Accounting?
Those students entering with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, typically complete the 30 credit program in 10-12 months. Applicants entering with a Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent, will be required to succesfully complete four pre-requisite courses during the summer before starting the MSA curriculum in the fall. These students generally complete the program within 12-15 months.
- Q:How much does the Mason MSA cost?
Visit the MS in Accounting Tuition page for cost information.
For an estimate of additional cost of attendance, please visit Mason’s financial aid website. For updated tuition rates, please visit the Student Accounts website.
- Q:I do not have a bachelor's degree in accounting, but I want to become a CPA. Am I eligible for the MSA program?
Applicants to the MSA program are required to have a Bachelor's in Accounting or at least 24 credits in Accounting, a Bachelor's in Business or equivalent. Applicants who do not have an Accounting major or equivalent will be provisionally admitted until they have completed the following courses or equivalents with a grade of B- or better: ACCT 331, ACCT 332, ACCT 351, and ACCT 461. If you wish to earn additional accounting credits, the School of Business offers a post-baccalaureate accounting certificate program.
You also are eligible to apply for the Mason MBA program.
- Q:I have a bachelor's degree in business, but I have a lot of accounting courses. Am I eligible for the MSA Program?
You might be eligible for the MSA program. Applicants with a Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent are eligible to be provisionally admitted until they complete the following courses or equivalents with a grade of B- or better: ACCT 331, ACCT 332, ACCT 351, and ACCT 461. Please contact Nancy Doernhoefer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-993-4128 for additional information.
- Q:I have/am graduating with a bachelor's degree in accounting. Am I eligible for the MSA program?
Yes. Students with a bachelor’s degree in accounting are eligible for the MSA program. You may also be interested in the Mason MBA program.
- Q:My degree is from outside of the U.S., how will I know if I am eligible to apply to the MSA program?
Your degree must be equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree in accounting. Applicants are responsible for evaluation of credits to ensure they meet the requirements for the MSA program. Please contact Michele Hanson at email@example.com for additional information.