Admissions and Application FAQ
- Q:Can I contact your office or meet with an admissions counselor?
Please call our office at 703-993-2136 with any questions about the application process or the program.
- Q:Do you accept the GRE?
Yes. We are now using the GRE or the GMAT. We do not have a preference of which exam you take but you will need to take one of them.
- Q:How do I submit my application to the Mason MBA or MSA program?
The application and application fee must be submitted online, which can be accessed at http://admissions.gmu.edu/ApplyNow/. We will not accept paper applications or application fees sent to our office.
- Q:I already have a master’s degree. Am I still required to take the GMAT or GRE?
All applicants to the Mason MBA or MSA program are required to submit a GMAT or GRE score, with the exception of individuals who have successfully passed the United States CPA Examination.
- Q:I don’t have an undergraduate degree in accounting or anything related to accounting. Am I still eligible to apply and be considered for admission into the Mason MSA?
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a minimum of 24 credit hours (8 courses) in accounting, or a bachelor's in business or equivalent to be eligible for the MS in Accounting program.
Applicants with a bachelor's in business or equivalent are eligible for provisional admit status and will be required to complete the following courses or equivalents witha grade of B- or better: ACCT 331, ACCT 332, ACCT 351, and ACCT 461.
If you wish to earn additional credits in accounting, the School of Business offers an accounting certificate program. Please contact Nancy Doernhoefer at 703-993-4128 or email@example.com for questions about eligibility.
- Q:I don’t have an undergraduate degree in business or anything related to business. Am I still eligible to apply and be considered for admission into the Mason MBA?
Yes. The curriculum is designed to meet the needs of professionals regardless of prior academic coursework. Approximately two-thirds of Mason MBA students have undergraduate degrees in areas other than business.
- Q:I have taken some MBA or MSA courses elsewhere, can I transfer them to your program?
Transfer credit requests will be considered only upon admission into the program, and are accepted or denied at the discretion of the director. The courses must be at the graduate level and taken at an AACSB accredited institution. For additional information, MBA students click here or MSA students click here.
- Q:What are the application deadlines?
- Q:Where do I send my transcripts?
Transcripts should be sent directly from the institution or forwarded by the applicant in the original, sealed envelopes to:
George Mason University
School of Business MBA/MSA Admissions Office
4400 University Drive, MSN 5A2
Enterprise Hall, LL, Suite 042
Fairfax, VA 22030
- Q:Where should I send my application materials?
The only materials that should be sent in hard copy are official transcripts (all students) and academic credentials (non-US degree holders). The resume, goals statement and professional essay must be uploaded into the online application. Recommendations are sent and received electronically through the online application system. GMAT or GRE scores are made available to us electronically when you choose George Mason University MBA from the drop down menu.