Your Future is Waiting. Right Here. Right Now.
George Mason's masters in management is designed for non-business majors who have completed their bachelor's degree within the past two years. Students with a minor in business do qualify for application to this program. We seek well rounded individuals with diverse experiences and perspectives.
If you are interested in the masters in management degree, but have more than two years of work experience or have earned a bachelor's degree in business, please contact one of our admissions specialists at 703-993-2136 to discuss your options and find the best fit for you.
- Bachelor's degree in a non-business major from an accredited institution or recognized qualifications equivalent to a degree
- Strong undergraduate academic record
- Online application and application fee
- A current résumé
- Official GMAT score or GRE score (In some cases, based on undergraduate cumulative GPA, the GMAT or GRE may be waived. Please contact an admissions specialist at 703-993-2136 for a consultation.)
- Two letters of recommendation (one from a professor in the applicant's undergraduate degree major department)
- Two essays
- Essay 1: In no more than 750 words, tell us why you believe the Mason School of Business program you are applying to is the best fit for you? Include information about your personal qualities, academic background, professional experience, and career goals.
- Essay 2: If you could tell us about yourself in 25 words or less, what would you say?
- Additional requirements for international students and applicants who hold undergraduate degrees from outside the United States
Your résumé, recommendations, and career goals statement must be uploaded and submitted with the online application. Send GMAT or GRE scores and official transcripts to
George Mason University
4400 University Drive, MS 5A2
Fairfax, VA 22030
We request that you not submit any documents to the program prior to submitting your online application. Please send the documents only after you have completed the online application.
Fall Application Deadlines
|APPLICATION DEADLINE||DECISION RELEASED||DEPOSIT DUE|
|January 15||March 1||April 1|
|March 15*||May 1||June 1|
|June 1||July 1||July 15|
*Deadline for scholarship consideration and for any applicant needing a student visa (F-1, J-1) visa.
Applications are accepted throughout the year with a final application deadline of June 1. Enrollment in the masters in management program is limited and qualified applicants are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Early application is strongly advised.