We request that an applicant not submit any documents to the program prior to submitting their application. Please send the documents only after one has applied.
In addition to our standard application requirements, students who hold undergraduate degrees from outside the United States must submit the following:
- English Proficiency Score (minimum scores: TOEFL = 88, IELTS = 6.5)
- Official transcript evaluation: All transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States must be translated into English, if applicable, and submitted for evaluation to the graduate school to which the applicant is applying. Mason will provide evaluation service free of charge for all international transcripts. Because of volume, more time may be needed to process applications requiring a Mason evaluation of up to an additional 6-8 weeks. For expedited service, students can submit their documents to a recognized U.S. evaluation service at their own expense. A list of recognized evaluation services is available in Mason's Admissions Office or at www.naces.org.
- Official transcripts and proof of degree conferral
For additional application requirements and guidance for international students and non-US degree holders, click here.
Critical Information for International Applicants
Immigration & Naturalization (INS) rules have been tightened in regard to the use of a student's name and birth date. Please note the following regarding use of name on documents:
- The first name, middle name (if any), and last name (surname) must match the name that appears on the student's passport and I-20 document.
- Educational documents submitted for an admission decision must also bear the same name as it appears on the application and passport.
- The INS will not honor student visa (F-1 or J-1) requests when the student's name and/or birthday varies from what appears on the I-20.