Robert Wulff Legacy Scholarship Endowment
The $1,000 Wulff Scholarship is awarded each fall to recognize one incoming MS in Real Estate Development student who has made notable professional contributions in the field of real estate development.
The recipient of the Wulff Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- An incoming MS in Real Estate Development student who is beginning their first semester in Mason’s MS in Real Estate Development program in the fall semester
- Has accepted admission and paid the fall enrollment deposit
- Has submit a “Professional Project Portfolio” to include the following three points:
- A list of no more than five projects/deals the student has worked on in a professional capacity and include relevant project details
- A brief description of the student’s role and contribution to the project/deal
- A summary of why the student believes these were successful projects/deals
Preference will be given to scholarship applicants with five or more years of professional work experience in some sector of the commercial real estate development industry (including large-scale residential). Examples of relevant sectors include, but are not limited to: brokers, architects, civil engineers, construction managers, lenders, and real estate attorneys.
EagleBank Scholarship (Real Estate)
The EagleBank Scholarship awards $10,000 each to two MS in Real Estate Development students who are pursuing a career in the Washington, D.C., metro region in the field of real estate development.
EagleBank Scholarship recipients must meet the following criteria:
- An enrolled Mason MS in Real Estate Development student
- Preference given to VA, DC, and MD residents
EagleBank Scholarship Application
- Must submit a professional letter of recommendation from a current or past employer in the real estate industry. A letter from a client is acceptable provided the relationship has been professional and long-standing
- Must submit an essay between 500 and 1,000 words, answering two of the following questions:
- What do you see as the next significant challenge facing developers in our market and why?
- Assuming it was feasible to develop any project in Arlington that you wanted, what would you choose and why?
- Please give an example of a professional contribution you have made to the real estate industry thus far in your career.
- During the award of last year’s scholarships, EagleBank CEO Ron Paul discussed the importance of good leadership with the recipients. He believes there are six important elements to leadership; please describe how you have exemplified one of these six elements.
- making an active contribution
- developing & maintaining relationships
- taking ownership/responsibility
- developing expertise
- developing a vision
- living a life worth living