Chief Information Officer Graduate Certificate
The CIO Graduate Certificate program helps IT professionals gain core competencies necessary for advancement into executive level roles that manage IT resources and strategy within organizations. The program specifically focuses on
- enterprise architecture and IT governance
- management of information security
- IT project management
- managing IT investments
- managing IT operations
- emerging technologies
CIO Certificate Course Requirements
Students must complete 15 credits to complete the CIO Graduate Certificate. Students enrolled in the MS in Technology Management program will complete 14 of the required credits as part of the degree program.
- TECM 601 - HiTech Business Models (Credits: 1)
- TECM 602 - Emerging Technologies and the New CIO (Credits: 1)
- TECM 611 - Leadership and Change Management (Credits: 2)
- TECM 704 - Management of Technology Projects and Portfolios (Credits: 2)
- TECM 711 - Deriving Strategic Value from IT Investments (Credits: 2)
- TECM 745 - Leading and Managing IT Operations (Credits: 2)
- TECM 747 - Information Assurance and Security Management (Credits: 2)
- TECM 760 - CIO Consulting Project (Credits: 1-3)
Applicants are expected to be current students in the MS Technology Management program. This is a 15 credit program and students may use the credits completed as part of their graduate degree requirements in accordance with George Mason University's Graduate Policies. Current students must complete the graduate secondary certificate program application.
For more information on the CIO Graduate Certificate, please call us at 703-993-2136.