Providing technology management solutions to enhance leadership success
Our Master of Science in Technology Management program offers a premier targeted learning experience that will advance your personal and your professional goals. We focus on growing your capacity to manage and lead in the technology environment—to transform knowledge and vision into strategic action that solves problems and maximizes the performance of your organization. To succeed, today's technology leaders need an executive-level perspective and the right skill portfolio across all business disciplines.
Our MS in Technology Management program prepares technology professionals to further their leadership careers in technology businesses or technological operations within a company. The program focuses on strategic, ethical leadership and the interrelationships of technology and management in a global and networked technology marketplace. Our curriculum promises the development of real-world skills that translate into strategic leadership and decision-making expertise. You will expand your knowledge of business fundamentals and gain critical tools for managing the information technology function in any organization.
Program at a Glance
- January start date
- Completed in 16 months
- Saturday classes, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., on the Arlington Campus
- Cohort of up to 35 professionals
- Curriculum addresses CIO core competencies
- Two tracks: Global Technology Practices and Information Security Management
- CIO Certificate
- Capstone project
- One-week global residency
- Dual degree option with MS in Management of Secure Information Systems
Click here to view a sample schedule.
- Negotiation: Students will be able to articulate the underlying concepts of effective negotiation, communication and conflict resolution, and will be able to successfully apply those skills to business problems.
- Global IT Management: Students will be able to understand cultural differences in technology management and the impact of the globalization of technology on business.
- Managing Change: Students will be able to apply change models to successfully implement information technology and other business processes to meet business goals
- Integration of Functional Business Disciplines: Students will be able to leverage information technology towards meeting business goals.
- Leveraging Technology: Students will be able to identify and assess technology needs in an existing company and demonstrate an understanding of the tools and techniques used to assess the business value of emerging technologies.