Your Future is Waiting. Right Here. Right Now.
The Mason MBA's highly competitive acceptance rate is based on a number of factors: your fit within the program and potential contribution to a collegial learning environment, relevant work experience, leadership potential, letters of recommendation, and a competitive GMAT or GRE score.
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or international equivalent, verified from official transcripts
- A minimum of two years of full-time, post-baccalaureate professional employment
- One college-level calculus course prior to enrolling (recommended but not required)
- Online application and application fee
- A current résumé
- Official copies of transcripts from all colleges or universities attended (can be mailed or sent electronically)
- Official transcripts can be mailed to:
George Mason University
4400 University Drive, MS 5A2
Fairfax, VA 22030
- Official GMAT score OR GRE score (GMAT/GRE waivers may be considered.)
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- Two essays (questions listed below)
- In no more than 750 words, tell us why you believe the Mason School of Business program you are applying to is the best fit for you? Include information about your personal qualities, academic background, professional experience, and career goals.
- If you could tell us about yourself in 25 words or less, what would you say?
- Additional requirements for international students and applicants who hold undergraduate degrees from outside the United States
We request that you do not submit any documents to the program prior to submitting the online application. If you submit your application first, it will make the matching process of your documents (transcripts and test scores) easier and faster. Your résumé, recommendations, and essays must be uploaded and submitted with the online application. For additional information about the admissions process, including how to send GMAT or GRE scores and official transcripts, please click here.
No portion of the portfolio is weighted more than another; the admissions committee considers the entire application to ensure that they have a complete profile of a candidate’s professional and academic qualifications.
Early application is advised since enrollment is limited.
Fall Application Deadlines
|APPLICATION DEADLINE||DECISION RELEASED||DEPOSIT DUE|
|November 1||January 15||February 15|
|January 15||March 1||April 1|
|March 15**||May 1||June 1|
|May 1||June 15||July 1|
**Deadline for scholarship consideration and for any applicant needing a student visa (F-1, J-1) visa.