Your Future is Waiting. Right Here. Right Now.
The Mason MBA's highly competitive acceptance rate is based on a number of factors: your fit within the program and potential contribution to a collegial learning environment, relevant work experience, leadership potential, letters of recommendation, and a competitive GMAT or GRE score.
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or international equivalent, verified from official transcripts
- A minimum of two years of full-time, post-baccalaureate professional employment
- One college-level calculus course prior to enrolling (recommended but not required)
- Online application and application fee ($75) - Application fees are nonrefundable. Application fee waivers are only available to applicants who attend a School of Business Graduate Programs Preview Night. Additionally, your application must be submitted after you attend the event to receive the fee waiver. If you submit your application and then attend an event, we cannot refund the application fee.
- A current résumé
- Transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. Each transcript needs to include course names, all grades received, cumulative GPA, and degree conferral information. The Office of Graduate Admissions does not require official transcripts for your application to be reviewed for admission. We require unofficial copies of your transcripts for application review. If admitted however, all applicants are required to submit official transcripts prior to the last day to add/drop courses in their first term.
- Unofficial transcripts should be uploaded to your online application
- Official transcripts can be mailed to:
George Mason University
Office of Graduate Admissions
4400 University Drive, MSN 4C8
Fairfax, VA 22030
- Official GMAT score (code J0Z-VS-93) OR GRE score (code 5827). GMAT/GRE waivers may be considered.
- One professional letter of recommendation
- One Goals Statement (question listed below)
- In no more than 750 words, tell us why you believe the Mason School of Business program you are applying to is the best fit for you? Include information about your personal qualities, academic background, professional experience, and career goals.
- Video Introduction
- Please prepare a maximum one minute video addressing the following question: If admitted to the program, what unique attributes or perspectives will you bring to the classroom benefiting your fellow classmates? Upload the video to an accessible website such as YouTube, copy and paste the direct video URL onto a Word document, and upload the document in the online application. Please make sure all audio and visual components are clear.
- Additional requirements for international students and applicants who hold undergraduate degrees from outside the United States
We request that you do not submit any documents to the program prior to submitting the online application. If you submit your application first, it will make the matching process of your documents (transcripts and test scores) easier and faster. Your résumé, recommendations, and essays must be uploaded and submitted with the online application. For additional information about the admissions process, including how to send GMAT or GRE scores and official transcripts, please click here.
No portion of the portfolio is weighted more than another; the admissions committee considers the entire application to ensure that they have a complete profile of a candidate’s professional and academic qualifications.
Fall Application Deadlines
|APPLICATION DEADLINE||DECISION RELEASED||ENROLLMENT FORM DUE|
|Round One||November 15||February 1||March 1|
|Round Two||February 15*||April 15||May 15|
|Round Three||April 1||May 1||June 1|
*We highly encourage international applicants to apply by February 15.
Complete applications must be submitted by the application deadline dates indicated above. Following the April 1 deadline, applications will be considered on a space available basis. To formally accept an offer of admission, the online enrollment form must be completed by the date listed above.
Early application is encouraged as enrollment is limited and qualified applicants are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please remember that it is your responsibility to ensure that your application is complete, including all references, transcripts, the application fee, test scores, and international documentation if applicable. Please note that we will acknowledge documents which are posted/emailed to us when they are processed rather than when they are received. All documents are non-returnable.
Our Personal Invitation
The graduate School of Business is located in Founders Hall on the 4th floor, suite 402. Our address is 3351 Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA 22201.
We encourage you to visit and sit in on our classes; attend one of our open receptions where you can speak directly with the director, staff, faculty, alumni, and current students; or make an appointment to meet with graduate admissions staff.