Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
The amount of data flowing from, to, and through enterprises of all sorts is large and growing rapidly—more rapidly than the capabilities of organizations to use it. Successful enterprises are those that make effective use of the abundance of data to which they have access: to make better predictions, better decisions, and form better strategies.
Business analytics involves analyzing data for business insights and encompasses a wide array of methodologies and techniques—from collection, organization, reporting and mining of data to extraction of useful and actionable information for the decision makers.
The School of Business Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics will help analysts and managers in marketing, accounting, and other fields to effectively analyze big data through the hands-on use of modeling and other techniques using popular software tools.
Certificate Course Requirements
Students must complete 12 credits to complete the Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics.
View a sample schedule.
- MBA 738: Data Mining for Business Analytics
Elective Courses (Choose three)
- MBA 720 - Marketing Analytics
- MBA 739 - Advanced Data Mining for Business Analytics
- MBA 721 - Marketing Research
- MBA 744 - Fraud Examination
- Concurrent enrollment in a School of Business graduate program, AND
- Successful completion of at least one statistics course (e.g., MBA 633, EMBA 633, BMGT 633)
- Current Mason graduate School of Business students must complete the graduate secondary certificate program application and have it approved at least one semester before they graduate. Contact Samantha Graves at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-993-7007 to complete the form.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited undergraduate institution AND
- an undergraduate or graduate statistics or business analytics course OR
- special approval from the Graduate Program Admissions Committee based on evidence of statistics proficiency
- Online application and application fee ($75) Application fees are nonrefundable.
- Transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. Each transcript needs to include course names, all grades received, cumulative GPA, and degree conferral information
- Current C.V. or resume indicating relevant work experience
- Goals statement: In no more than 750 words, tell us why you believe that the Business Analytics graduate certificate program is the best fit for you. Include information about your personal qualities, academic background, professional experience, and career goals.
- Additional requirements for international students and applicants who hold undergraduate degrees from outside of the United States
Spring Application Deadline: December 1
Fall Application Deadline: July 1
Please remember that it is your responsibility to ensure that your application is complete, including all references, transcripts, the application fee, test scores, and international documentation if applicable. Please note that we will acknowledge documents which are posted/emailed to us when they are processed rather than when they are received. All documents are non-returnable.
For more information on the Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics, please call us at 703-993-8006 or fill out our inquiry form.
Tuition rates are subject to change each academic year. If you are enrolled in a graduate degree program at Mason, you will pay the same per credit tuition cost for the Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics as you are paying for your degree program. If you are not enrolled in a graduate degree program at Mason, you will pay the MBA per credit tuition rate for the Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics.